Looking for a good audiophile over ear headphone for gaming, music, and videos

Hudeb

I am looking for an audiophile over ear headphone to use for gaming, music, and videos. I have a max pricepoint of $400 USD for both the headphone and amp (if needed). I would love if they are wireless but wired also works too. They don't need to have noise cancelling. I was looking at either getting the drop pandas or the senhiser hd6xx and a schiit magni 3+ but I don't know which one or if there are other, better options. The gaming I do is not super competitive but I do like to play games like valorant sometimes. Also I am not going to purchase them right now so if it is on preorder ending in September or October like the 6xx and pandas that is okay. I would love is you would help me decide!!

Have you looked at the ATH M50Xs? those are some VERY nice cans for 150. and with 20$ aftermarket earcups they are luxurious 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

4 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Have you looked at the ATH M50Xs? those are some VERY nice cans for 150. and with 20$ aftermarket earcups they are luxurious 

I have looked into them and have tried my friends pair and while they sound amazing they just aren't very comfortable for me and so I decided that they just weren't for me.

1 minute ago, Hudeb said:

aren't very comfortable

these things triple the comfort. Might be a nice gift for your buddy

source: this was my set up for 3 years

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

21 minutes ago, Hudeb said:

I am looking for an audiophile over ear headphone to use for gaming, music, and videos. I have a max pricepoint of $400 USD for both the headphone and amp (if needed). I would love if they are wireless but wired also works too. They don't need to have noise cancelling. I was looking at either getting the drop pandas or the senhiser hd6xx and a schiit magni 3+ but I don't know which one or if there are other, better options. The gaming I do is not super competitive but I do like to play games like valorant sometimes. Also I am not going to purchase them right now so if it is on preorder ending in September or October like the 6xx and pandas that is okay. I would love is you would help me decide!!

what type of music to you listen to?

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

what type of music to you listen to?

I listen to a variety of genres but mainly pop and rock with a little rap sometimes.

39 minutes ago, Hudeb said:

I listen to a variety of genres but mainly pop and rock with a little rap sometimes.

I think the 58x and the beyerdynamic tygr would be a better pairing than the 6xx . though the 6xx is pretty great for rock. the akg k371 might also be up you alley. they are all pretty easy to run though. maybe a argon mk 3 as well paired with a topping L30 those are pretty engaing headphones especially provided a decent amount of power