under-performnce on my build

Anjelo Flores

i recently got a new pc and i dont seem to be getting the frames i should be having, ive seen videos with the same exact specs i have and theyre getting way better performance than me.

specs

ryzen 5 2600

a320m

8gb ddr4

sfs rx 570 4gb

anyone can help me try solve my problem, thanksssss

Just now, Hackerman25 said:

What is the performance, and what are the temps?

Also the motherboard temps. This is a very low end board that really just isn't good. Would not be surprised if the vrms are overheating and causing issues.

Single DDR4 dimm, or two? At what speed?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, Hackerman25 said:

What is the performance, and what are the temps?

Valorant - 90 to 100+

(Others get more than 120)

Apex legends - 60 to 80 with fps drops to 40

(Others get more than 70)

temps are 70 to 80 celsius

22 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Single DDR4 dimm, or two? At what speed?

Single 2666 but speeds of 1333

10 minutes ago, Anjelo Flores said:

This, plus the A320 board, accounts for all your issues. Get two sticks of 3200 CL16 or faster.

You're also going to lose 100-200Mhz of boost clock on your board compared to a quality B450 board.

21 minutes ago, Anjelo Flores said:

1333 is the single data rate, so software is reporting half the effective speed. single channel memory is terrible for Ryzen, it relies on bandwidth a lot. One more memory dimm would give a pretty big performance boost.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

1333 is the single data rate, so software is reporting half the effective speed. single channel memory is terrible for Ryzen, it relies on bandwidth a lot. One more memory dimm would give a pretty big performance boost.

So the reason why I'm not getting the same performance as other people is cause I'm using a single channel memory?

1 hour ago, Anjelo Flores said:

So the reason why I'm not getting the same performance as other people is cause I'm using a single channel memory?

Yes

Primary PC:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem

rx5600xt pulse

ryzen 5 2600

2x8gb 3200mz DDR4

ASUS prime b450 plus

game and os on ssd

When I first built my PC I had the same build, but with an RX 570 and 1x16gb of DDR4 2400mz ram. I have been upgrading my components when I can. I have noticed that the performance between the rx5600xt and the rx570 is typically 5 fps. I was very confused, and got the better ram, because of what was suggested in this thread. I know that it is not my monitor, my RAM, Drivers, my GPU, and Temps. That only leaves my CPU, which before upgrading, I wanted to see if anyone would say it was something else.

My temps are around 75 when under a heavy load, but the utilization of my CPU and my GPU never pass over 50%. This could be a CPU bottleneck or a motherboard bottleneck.