So currently my system has theese specs

CPU: 2700x

CPU Cooler: cryorig H7

Mobo: MSI B450m Gaming Plus

RAM: Gskill ripjaws V 16Gb 3200Mhz

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080

PSU: Corsair RM 750 Gold

Inside a NZXT H500 case.

(storage isn't important for this topic so i'm leaving it out)

and i've been wanting to upgrade to the parts below. (possibly also buying a ROG STRIX HELIOS case)

anyone smarter than me who might know a better alternative?

or if any size problems with ram and cpu cooler or such would occur

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

10 hours ago, flashiling said:

anyone smarter than me who might know a better alternative?

budget?  workload? the board is overpriced and does nothing special. an x570 tomahawk or unify are just as good if not better and are the same price or cheaper. 

but i suggest waiting for zen 3 and check what it has to offer. the 2700x is still decent i would say.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Hello,

I would go with something like this instead :

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor $429.00 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler $59.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory $134.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $763.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-14 04:48 EDT-0400  

3 minutes ago, flashiling said:

Seeing as you already have a great system, if you want a more noticeable performance leap I would suggest waiting for Ryzen 4000 at the end of this year.

I wouldn't bother with that motherboard unless it has features which cheaper boards don't. If you can find the MSI X570 Tomahawk around $200 it's an excellent board and saves you some money.

I'm not sure about the ROG case. From what I'm aware of their cases, they're generally very overpriced and over engineered, resulting in poorer thermals, however, if you like the aesthetic and can stomach the price then go for it

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

What is your use case of this rig? What issues are you hoping to solve with an upgrade?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

26 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

budget?  workload? the board is overpriced and does nothing special. an x570 tomahawk or unify are just as good if not better and are the same price or cheaper. 

but i suggest waiting for zen 3 and check what it has to offer. the 2700x is still decent i would say.

apologies, budget is of no concern,

25 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

What is your use case of this rig? What issues are you hoping to solve with an upgrade?

basically just gaming, and i have a lot of money to blow.

problem is that i have two 1440p monitors and a 1080p so when gaming my 2700x can't always keep up.

ram upgrade is just because

cpu cooler upgrade is becuase the 3900x sould probably run hotter than the 2700x

and the case was because i'm not sure there's space in my current one

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

problem is that i have two 1440p monitors and a 1080p so when gaming my 2700x can't always keep up.

the 2700x should do the job in this case.

ram upgrade is just because

16 gigs is still more than enough for gaming, and you can always just upgrade to 32 gigs later down the line if needed.

wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer if you're set on an upgrade. but the 2700x is more than enough in all honesty.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

your current mobo should be able to take a 3900x. 

just add another fan on the cryorig and it will be fine.

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

the 2700x should do the job in this case.

i get 120 fps in csgo with everything on low with a 2080.

something isn't working properly

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

6 gigs is still more than enough for gaming, and you can always just upgrade to 32 gigs later down the line if needed.

true but if i do it now that i earn money and live at home with no major monthly bills i don't have to spend it later 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

wait for zen 3 and check what it has to offer

you have any knowledge of release dates? i haven't heard any myself 

i haven't heard any myself 

we don't know, but supposedly later this year (Q3/Q4 of this year).

something isn't working properly

it certainly not a bottleneck, you could try ddu, check temps and make sure xmp/docp is enabled.

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

we don't know, but supposedly later this year (Q3/Q4 of this year).

it certainly not a bottleneck, you could try ddu, check temps and make sure xmp/docp is enabled.

guess i could try thoose before spending over 1000$