Unboxing Videos

ThatGuy

LinusTech, Can you PLEASE do some more unboxings, I'm really starting to miss them. I get that you're doing a lot of new content and trying out some new things, but I originally watched you for unboxings, and I miss the experience quite a bit. I also don't want to be that guy (lol) but I feel like you're slightly loosing track of your roots. I mean I really do get the whole situation you're in, branching off and starting your own media company and all that jazz. You need to make income somewhere and I get that, and I can only imagine how difficult it is to start a company in an area as unique as technology videos, but a lot of your videos lately have felt like product ads and don't seem the have the enthusiasm you used to have when opening up a product. I mean I can sit and give you my opinions all day, but the direction you go is ultimately up to you. I just wanted to voice my opinion after your WAN show comment that you haven't done an unboxing and nobody seems to care, I have personally noticed and do care.

I agree with you but they have already unboxed a handful of products. You can't really unbox more unless a new product releases. Also, I believe they have to get a sample product from the manufacturer, so I'm pretty sure it takes quite a bit of time for them to do an unboxing. Also, I wouldn't want him to reunbox a product as that would make no sense.

My personal suggestion, again only a suggestion, but I think it would be cool for him to unbox the product on camera and give his first impressions, then cut to his usual product review after he does his in depth look at the product. That way its a bit of a "best of both worlds" kind of deal. I just miss that whole open the product and talk about the foam commentary from Linus, haha