PSU Cable Upgrades for PowerSpec 650GSM?

Im_GoldyZ

Hello All!

I was hoping for some assistance with this as I don't see there being any other threads going over this (If there is a thread, feel free to provide me the link and I'll look at it and delete this topic). I was hoping to upgrade the PSU Cables to something more stylish instead of just black. I checked with CableMod and they don't support this brand. After some quick googling, I found out PowerSpec is the house brand for Micro Electronics. I referred back to them/MicroCenter and wasn't provided much help. Does anyone know where I can get custom cables for this PSU or does anyone know if there is a compatible brand that I can use that is listed on CableMods site? 

Thank you,

6 minutes ago, Im_GoldyZ said:

Hello All!

I was hoping for some assistance with this as I don't see there being any other threads going over this (If there is a thread, feel free to provide me the link and I'll look at it and delete this topic). I was hoping to upgrade the PSU Cables to something more stylish instead of just black. I checked with CableMod and they don't support this brand. After some quick googling, I found out PowerSpec is the house brand for Micro Electronics. I referred back to them/MicroCenter and wasn't provided much help. Does anyone know where I can get custom cables for this PSU or does anyone know if there is a compatible brand that I can use that is listed on CableMods site? 

Thank you,

Isn’t it normal plugs on the back?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

That's what I thought initially but when searching on Google, I've been getting mixed signals. Some people say they are the same, others say they are different. Last thing I want to do is fry my PSU and have my wife kill me because I'd have to by another one lol

On 8/13/2020 at 11:16 AM, Im_GoldyZ said:

Hello All!

Thank you,

You get a name brand PSU instead.

Seriously... you should get a pen and paper and a DMM and probe each pin to see which voltages are on what pins.  I did this with some Thermaltake PSUs and was surprised to find that some were actually the same pinout as Corsair's!

http://jongerow.com/Corsair_pinouts/Corsair_pinout_Type_4.htm