Turning off Mobile Hotspot causing BSOD

I recently built my PC and since then have been facing this issue. Sometimes, when I turn off the mobile hotspot (the one built into Windows), the network pop-up freezes and the system gives a BSOD.

Note that it does not happen every time I turn off the mobile hotspot. It only happens on occasion and it usually happens when I notice that the device connected to that hotspot is disconnected. Now, this isn't new (the device disconnecting from the hotspot or the hotspot turning off on its own) as it used to happen on my Windows laptop as well. But in that case, I could simply turn the hotspot off and back on again without any problem. On my desktop, however, it's always a bit scary because there's a 50-50 chance that I'd get a BSOD.

Please note that I have tried all solutions I found related to the two relevant pieces of information I found in the BSOD. Steps I have already taken:

• I have updated and rolled back my wifi card drivers. I have ran memory tests, disk checks, Window Defender scans and DISM commands. None of them reported any failures.
  • I ran memtest86 for however many passes it does and that also didn't report any issues.
  • All my drivers are up-to-date including Windows OS.

I would also like to mention that this BSOD literally only comes up when I turn off the hotspot and at no other time or action.

System details:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • G SKILL Tridend Z 3600MHz RAM (2x16GB)
  • MSI Gaming Edge Wifi MoBo
  • Gigabyte Windforce OC RTX 2080 Super
  • Antec Earthwatts 750W Gold+ PSU
  • Windows 10 Home version 2004 (build 19041.388)
  • OS Drive - Crucial P1 1TB NVMe SSD. Other drive - Seagate Firecuda 1TB

Details of the BSOD:

(UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP)

Details: Netwtw04.sys

Here's the minidump. I couldn't put the perfmon report because it simply won't stop. It kept going perpetually rather than stopping after 60 secs (I left it running for a good 5-10 mins)

Minidump zip

I have the same problem but i have found it only happens if i have my pc connected to the router via ethernet. I haven't had a bsod while wireless.

Yeah, I have the same setup. But I need ethernet on my system as the wifi capability of the router isn't great. That's actually why I use the hotspot ... to get a more reliable wifi signal on my other devices.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:14 PM, Skotie said:

I have the same problem but i have found it only happens if i have my pc connected to the router via ethernet. I haven't had a bsod while wireless.

Any chance you were able to figure out why this happens?