Does manufacturer matter?

Go to solution Solved by KaitouX,
1 hour ago, CyprusMiraque said:

Would there be any difference in software, support, or performance between the two?

Software - No, the exception would probably be in the case of RGB or something stupid that isn't worth using.

Support - Yes, as the warranty and hardware support is honored by the company that made the specific model(EVGA, Zotac, Asus, PNY, etc)

Performance - Maybe, depends on the cooling solution, but the difference is likely too small to make it noticeable.

The biggest difference between models would be the noise, Zotac coolers are often really loud and not that cool when considering the noise with the exception of the more expensive coolers they have. I wasn't able to find much about the PNY cooler, but it's probably better than the Zotac one.

58 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Stay away from the single fan ones

It seems like that isn't that correct when it comes to the 1650 Super, from the latest TPU 1650 Super review:

image.thumb.png.32a2f77fdd51ee6d44abd49f98555657.png

The best cooler at stock out of the "cheap" coolers reviewed($160~170 MSRP) is the Palit StormX which is a single-fan design, probably would have been better if it had fan stop, the worst being the Zotac by a mile, being the hottest by 8c and loudest by 3dB at the same time at load. If the PNY uses the same cooling system as the StormX, which it looks like it does from the photos, it might be a decent option, the safe choice based on PCPP US prices would be the Gigabyte Windforce OC for $170, as the good models are really overpriced currently with the second best option being the Strix for $20 more than the Gigabyte one.

I'm currently in the market for an Nvidia 1650 Super GPU. I was planning on buying one from Zotac online, but a trip to my local Best Buy showed that they have the same model of GPU made by XLR8 (the 1650 Super) for the same price. Would there be any difference in software, support, or performance between the two?

Stay away from the single fan ones, the GTX 1650 has the fan off functionality disabled. At least with Zotac, those cards, while staying really cool, are really loud while browsing the web. I have limited experience with Zotac's warranty department. I generally had pretty good experiences with EVGA, ASUS and Gigabyte as well as Sapphire for AMD cards. Software support will be the same, so will the performance as pretty much all the 1650 cards are based on the reference layout. 

1 hour ago, CyprusMiraque said:

Would there be any difference in software, support, or performance between the two?

Software - No, the exception would probably be in the case of RGB or something stupid that isn't worth using.

Support - Yes, as the warranty and hardware support is honored by the company that made the specific model(EVGA, Zotac, Asus, PNY, etc)

Performance - Maybe, depends on the cooling solution, but the difference is likely too small to make it noticeable.

The biggest difference between models would be the noise, Zotac coolers are often really loud and not that cool when considering the noise with the exception of the more expensive coolers they have. I wasn't able to find much about the PNY cooler, but it's probably better than the Zotac one.

58 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Stay away from the single fan ones

It seems like that isn't that correct when it comes to the 1650 Super, from the latest TPU 1650 Super review:

image.thumb.png.32a2f77fdd51ee6d44abd49f98555657.png

The best cooler at stock out of the "cheap" coolers reviewed($160~170 MSRP) is the Palit StormX which is a single-fan design, probably would have been better if it had fan stop, the worst being the Zotac by a mile, being the hottest by 8c and loudest by 3dB at the same time at load. If the PNY uses the same cooling system as the StormX, which it looks like it does from the photos, it might be a decent option, the safe choice based on PCPP US prices would be the Gigabyte Windforce OC for $170, as the good models are really overpriced currently with the second best option being the Strix for $20 more than the Gigabyte one.