My smartwatch finally bit the dust. Best replacement?

wantfastcars

Hey all! New to LTT Forums, but I've been watching LTT long enough that I figured this was probably a better place to ask than GameFAQs.

I've had a Moto 360 Gen 2 for nearly five years as my daily driver watch, and really got used to it and it's features. Unfortunately, the battery just doesn't hold a charge anymore (sub-10-minute battery life) and it's been getting sluggish in general so I guess now is time to finally get a replacement.

I'm not really picky except that I definitely want something running Android Wear and I don't want a square face. I know wearables haven't been as popular recently, are there any major options outside the Galaxy watches? I saw the new Samsung announcements/leaks and saw the new Galaxy watch or whatever it's called which seems pretty decent I guess.

Perhaps worth noting that I live in Japan. (also since I'm new what's the rule on swearing, I didn't see anything on it in the rules thread)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

From my opinion the best right now are the Fitbit and the samsung watches

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz OC 4.7GHz 8-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL20 Memory 
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital RE2 400 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 640 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 3 GB SC GAMING Video Card 
Power Supply: Antec NeoECO Gold ZEN 700 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit 
Monitor: Dell ST2410 24.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor 
Monitor: NEC LCD1960NXi 19.0" 1280x1024 60 Hz Monitor 
Keyboard: Alienware AW768 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard 
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - White Shadow Wired Optical Mouse 
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 PRO  Headphones 

24 minutes ago, Perrytheplatypus43 said:

From my opinion the best right now are the Fitbit and the samsung watches

I would stay away from Fitbit for a while. Alphabet (Google’s parent company) is currently trying to buy them and make it part of Google. If that happens, Fitbit will likely cease to exist and support might end.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

7 hours ago, wantfastcars said:

Hey all! New to LTT Forums, but I've been watching LTT long enough that I figured this was probably a better place to ask than GameFAQs.

I've had a Moto 360 Gen 2 for nearly five years as my daily driver watch, and really got used to it and it's features. Unfortunately, the battery just doesn't hold a charge anymore (sub-10-minute battery life) and it's been getting sluggish in general so I guess now is time to finally get a replacement.

I'm not really picky except that I definitely want something running Android Wear and I don't want a square face. I know wearables haven't been as popular recently, are there any major options outside the Galaxy watches? I saw the new Samsung announcements/leaks and saw the new Galaxy watch or whatever it's called which seems pretty decent I guess.

Perhaps worth noting that I live in Japan. (also since I'm new what's the rule on swearing, I didn't see anything on it in the rules thread)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

You'll probably want to look at Fossil's brands in that case (such as the Skagen Falster 3), although its current models are a bit old in the tooth.

If I were in the market for an Android-friendly watch right now, I'd probably get the Oppo Watch if I wanted Wear OS (keep in mind Google renamed Android Wear a while back), or a Galaxy Watch 3 if I wanted the best Android-friendly watch regardless of OS. It's not a great market, to be honest. Google, Qualcomm and others have dragged their heels for a while and only recently realized that beating the Apple Watch at its own game involves... well, actually showing up to the game.

perhaps if you want wear os have a look at the xiaomi mi watch aswell. it looks very similar to the apple watch and oppo watch.

If you are not in a rush to get it immediately, wait few months, there will be models with new CPU. If you need something now, and need it also for exercise, you can check Suunto 7.