Which cpu for virtualization/KVM

Hi I am always running a Windows kvm on Debian for gaming and also some video editing...
My GPU is a rx5700xt 
And my cpu is a i7 3770 
I often feel Debian or Windows getting sluggish when I do something in parallel ( ar on separate drives)
So I am wanting to upgrade...
Would the threadripper 1920x make sense ore should I take something different....
And if possible give me like a "budget option " for maybe 300-400€ with Mainboard and a "nice to have pick"

That’s a pretty old chip with single core performance not that much higher than what you have now.

What is your actual budget? Because you’ll need new memory, board and processor. A virtualization build needs at least 16GB, preferably more, and your second “budget option” amount isn’t really enough for everything unless you want lower end stuff.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

1 hour ago, Vitamanic said:

That’s a pretty old chip with single core performance not that much higher than what you have now.

What is your actual budget? Because you’ll need new memory, board and processor. A virtualization build needs at least 16GB, preferably more, and your second “budget option” amount isn’t really enough for everything unless you want lower end stuff.

Let's say I have a bit to spend but only want to spend what is necessary... The other chip that comes to my mind would be a Ryzen 7 3700x?