LookIng to upgrade my PC

I currently have an i7 4790k and an Asus Maximus VII hero. My entire system should be in my signature I think, but I haven’t posted in forever, so not sure. Edit, it’s not but it’s in my profile.

I’m planning on upgrading and getting into gaming again, but I also like to multitask a lot. I run basic payroll software and MS office with Dragon NS dictation software, I tend to have multiple instances of android emulators running most of the time and I watch video streams like YouTube and Netflix. I also do occasional video editing With Sony Vegas. I’d like the option of gaming and being able to run any game at highest settings or close to it. Budget is not a big concern.

I was thinking the Ryzen 9 3900 But can’t figure out which mobo to use. I was also looking at The i9 9900k but figured I’d ask for suggestions here.

3 minutes ago, Bronn said:

My entire system should be in my signature I think

Its not.

3 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I was thinking the Ryzen 9 3900 But can’t figure out which mobo to use

Wait a couple months for 4000 if you are going high end.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Choose intel if you will game really often, got a strong cooler, probably overclock, dont edit very often. If you game but edit real often, i would suggest AMD. also, reason for not going 10th gen or waiting for new releases?

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

If you can't/don't wanna wait for amd 4000 series, gigabyte b550 aorus pro, asus tuf gaming x570, gigabyte x570 aorus elite are all great choices.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Appreciate the replies. Not sure I have the patience to wait out the newer chip. My system has gotten very sluggish and temper mental. I know a format and fresh install would likely help a lot, But if I’m upgrading anyway I don’t want to basically install all my stuff twice.

after looking, Ryzen 4000 could be out in October so maybe I will just suck it up, be patient and wait! Lol

A lot of reviews and videos talking Badly about 570s running hot and potential problems with noisy chipset fans(which I’ve experienced several times in the past, although not in many years) had me a bit concerned about the 570s. Think it’s overblown?

20 hours ago, Bronn said:

but figured I’d ask for suggestions here

Wait for zen 3 and ampere and big Navi if possible. 

The 4790k should do the job for now. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: