Cant chose between 2 monitors

Tholo

Hello, 

I've been using 2 60Hz monitors which I got second hand. I've been thinking about buying a new monitor for a while now but I kept leaving it for the future. Now my adapter for my 2nd monitor broke and since I sometimes like to stream I will need a replacement for it. I've been looking at two monitprs and I was hoping if someone else has some knowledge or owns one of these monitors and can give me advise. 

I'm talking about the:

-MSI Optix G241

-AOC G2590FX

They have both dropped in price in my country. The MSI one is now €200 and the AOC one is €160. They both have a 144hz refresh rate and a 1ms responsetime but the MSI one has a IPS panel and the AOC has an TN panel. The AOC panel however has a 400cd/m² brightness and the MSI has a 250cd/m². 

Do you think its worth the extra €40 for someone who games, watches some films and does some content creation and graphics design?

Thanks

Just now, Tholo said:

Hello, 

I've been using 2 60Hz monitors which I got second hand. I've been thinking about buying a new monitor for a while now but I kept leaving it for the future. Now my adapter for my 2nd monitor broke and since I sometimes like to stream I will need a replacement for it. I've been looking at two monitprs and I was hoping if someone else has some knowledge or owns one of these monitors and can give me advise. 

I'm talking about the:

-MSI Optix G241

-AOC G2590FX

They have both dropped in price in my country. The MSI one is now €200 and the AOC one is €160. They both have a 144hz refresh rate and a 1ms responsetime but the MSI one has a IPS panel and the AOC has an TN panel. The AOC panel however has a 400cd/m² brightness and the MSI has a 250cd/m². 

Do you think its worth the extra €40 for someone who games, watches some films and does some content creation and graphics design?

Thanks

I'd say its worth getting the MSI one, although if you want one with better panel than the AOC one, if you can get the Sceptre C24 I would reccomend it as I currently use it and it's amazing.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

5 minutes ago, CopiWasTaken said:

I'd say its worth getting the MSI one, although if you want one with better panel than the AOC one, if you can get the Sceptre C24 I would reccomend it as I currently use it and it's amazing.

Just looked it up and they don't really sell them in the Netherlands and on their site they are all out. However, thanks for the advice!

1 minute ago, Tholo said:

Just looked it up and they don't really sell them in the Netherlands and on their site they are all out. However, thanks for the advice!

No problem, my mother is a graphic designer and really values good colour and panels, so the MSI should be good, and I reccomend getting that monitor quickly, since when I bought my monitor I looked at similar models to those but they went out of stock within 2 days when coming on sale

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

6 minutes ago, CopiWasTaken said:

No problem, my mother is a graphic designer and really values good colour and panels, so the MSI should be good, and I reccomend getting that monitor quickly, since when I bought my monitor I looked at similar models to those but they went out of stock within 2 days when coming on sale

I'm probably getting it tomorrow because I missed out on a samsung monitor which went down €90 :( Thanks for you help!

2 minutes ago, Tholo said:

I'm probably getting it tomorrow because I missed out on a samsung monitor which went down €90 :( Thanks for you help!

No problem, happy to help!

My friend recently got the AOC 24G2U, a seemingly similar monitor, and has been really happy with it. It goes for about €199. Perhaps it might be interesting for you? :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7