My monitors refresh rate goes down

I have the viewsonic vx2758-2kp-mhd (1440p, 144hz) and even though I set it to 144hz it often just goes down to random numbers. This time it just went to 87. In the display settings in windows it still says 144 but monitor says the lower number. I can change it back to 144 but eventually it goes back. Does anyone know how to fix this? (I am clicking keep changes when I set refresh rate.)

1 minute ago, Joealex24 said:

I have the viewsonic vx2758-2kp-mhd (1440p, 144hz) and even though I set it to 144hz it often just goes down to random numbers. This time it just went to 87. In the display settings in windows it still says 144 but monitor says the lower number. I can change it back to 144 but eventually it goes back. Does anyone know how to fix this? (I am clicking keep changes when I set refresh rate.)

does it change when you are playing games? if that maybe it has freesync. my friend told me that freesync changes ur refresh rate to your current fps to help reduce screen tearing. now neither is he nor am i a professional and we possibly are wrong but i thought id say this incase it helps in any way

This is not that helpful, but most games only need 60 fps to run smoothly