Ryzen 3700X running slow every 5th or 6th boot

So, I run a Ryzen 3700X in an Asus Strix b450 motherboard with 32gb of 3400mhz ram (originally clocked at 3600 but had to be underclocked to run with my motherboard). Every 5th or 6th boot my processor will run at 0.5ghz requiring me to restart and sometimes re-load my bios profile to get it to work again. This started happening not too long ago and it never happened often enough. Now it is happening more often and would like to have an answer. I saw one other post about it quite a while ago and there wasn't really an answer. Was wondering if the lovely people on this forum could help! If you need any more information please let me know!

1 minute ago, Link9968 said:

So, I run a Ryzen 3700X in an Asus Strix b450 motherboard with 32gb of 3400mhz ram (originally clocked at 3600 but had to be underclocked to run with my motherboard). Every 5th or 6th boot my processor will run at 0.5ghz requiring me to restart and sometimes re-load my bios profile to get it to work again. This started happening not too long ago and it never happened often enough. Now it is happening more often and would like to have an answer. I saw one other post about it quite a while ago and there wasn't really an answer. Was wondering if the lovely people on this forum could help! If you need any more information please let me know!

Have you tried updating your BIOS?

15 minutes ago, Gagnef said:

Have you tried updating your BIOS?

To be honest that should have been my first move. So I just finished updating it and dealing with a heck of a lot more issues but im finally back into windows. I will keep an eye out for any more issues. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Link9968 said:

To be honest that should have been my first move. So I just finished updating it and dealing with a heck of a lot more issues but im finally back into windows. I will keep an eye out for any more issues. Thanks!

No problems, hope the issue dissappears :)

Have a great day! 

24 minutes ago, Link9968 said:

I have had the same thing once (it happened once today). I didn't have to reload BIOS settings or anything, just restart in Windows.

No real explanation for me, I'm on the latest BIOS. But to be fair, the B550 Tomahawk is so new it could very much be a small issue with the very much new current BIOS. 

It could be the same thing for you, that you were on an older BIOS that had a small "glitch" perhaps?

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1