Asus Gtx 680 Top Sli Or 680 4gb Sli

I am planging to build a z77 chipset computer and I am going for a SLI configuration later on.

Will I benefit with the extra memory in SLI (ASUS GTX 680 4gb) or go for higher clock speed (ASUS GTX 680 2gb TOP).

I know that when adding an extra card I dont increase the memory.

I am going to use multiple monitors, but not gaming in surround.

I hope I can get some answers.

The 2GB TOP edition cards will be more than adequate until you reach triple screen setups.

I'm actually using one of them now, and I highly recommend it. Good luck.

im using sli 680 top cards with a triple monitor and its been flawless, the 4gb of ram i found really didnt make a huge difference. in any case either one will be awesome :)

depends on the games you are playing, i run out of memory on one monitror with my 2 gb 680 with everything at max so if you are going multiple monitors, go for the 4 gb cards

you can overclock them o dont worry about the stock clock speed

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD

Defiantly go 4gb IMO. Games seem to just keep needing more these days. You could possibly oc your cards just as high as the top models anyway.

Thanks for the fast replys.

It helps alot to see what other people thinks and experienced.

I just wonder why the 4gb uses 2 slots and the 2gb uses 3 slots. Does this affect the cooling and noise?
If not, I will probably go for the 4gb.

What do you mean by "Top"?

System SpecCase: Cooler Master Elite 311 - Mobo: Asus Rampage III Extreme - CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.5 Ghz - Heatsink/Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 612, w/ Corsair SP120's - Ram: 16GB Of 1866 Corsair Vengeance - GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 660 Ti's In SLI @ 1015 Mhz - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB - SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB - PSU: Coolmax 800W Semi Modular, 80+ Bronze - OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64.

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer G246HL (TN 24" 1080p LED 60Hz) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 - Mouse: ? - Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula - Headset: Asus Orion.

Asus provides a regular, OC and Top clocked graphics cards. Top is the highest factory OC asus is shipping with warranty.

Oh ok I gotcha, so like FTW from EVGA.

System SpecCase: Cooler Master Elite 311 - Mobo: Asus Rampage III Extreme - CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.5 Ghz - Heatsink/Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 612, w/ Corsair SP120's - Ram: 16GB Of 1866 Corsair Vengeance - GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 660 Ti's In SLI @ 1015 Mhz - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB - SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB - PSU: Coolmax 800W Semi Modular, 80+ Bronze - OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64.

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer G246HL (TN 24" 1080p LED 60Hz) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 - Mouse: ? - Mouse Mat: Razer Vespula - Headset: Asus Orion.

I would def go 4gb if I was going to SLI

Strange that the 2gb models are 3 slot and the 4gb is 2 slot anyway the 2 slot would most likely be better for cooling as you will get more airflow between the cards...