Issue turning on my PC

Kaba

I recently built my first PC back in October of 2019, and I've been having a small issue with turning it on for most of the time I've had it:

Whenever I press the power button on my PC the only thing that happens is my RAM LEDs light up; the fans in the case and in the power supply don't spin up, the LEDs in the case don't light up, and nothing posts. Once this happens, I would go to the back of my PC and switch off the PSU, wait a second for the power to drain, and flip it back on. After doing that my PC would start up just fine the next time I hit the power button. I would have to do this every time I wanted to turn on my PC up until recently: In the middle of the night while I was sleeping and my PC was shut off my house lost power and the next day when we got power back my PC miraculously began turning on on the first try. Everything was working great until a few days ago when I moved from my home back to my apartment to get ready for my next semester of school, and my PC reverted back to me needing to flip the PSU on and off.

These are my PC Specs:

PSU: Seasonic M12 II Bronze EVO Edition 520W

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600 Mhz, 6 core

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk 

RAM:  16 GB T-FORCE DDR4 3200

GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 

I was able to live with the inconvenience of having to do this whole procedure before but now that I got a taste for what its like for my PC to function properly I'm really itching to solve the problem.

Since this is my first build I don't have any extra hardware to try and troubleshoot components of my PC with but I am fairly confident that it is an issue with my power supply. 

I tried to search for some solutions to this before but this seems like a very specific situation that can't be described succinctly, so I really appreciate any information you can provide.

Yeah this is a faulty power supply for sure. The M12II Evo series is a reasonably old design and has been known to be flaky.

If you can, try to pick up something from the PSU tier list here on the forum. Many good suggestions there.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I built a PC recently and I have been having a similar issue. My PC was turning itself down sometimes or wouldn't turn on.

Yesterday I pressed the power button and it started just fine, but even before apearing the Windows screen it shut down. I've been trying difrent cables because my PSU didn't came with one so I used the One I had  at home.

I don't know what's the problem.

My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

Moyherboard: Gigabyte B450 ds3h

Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 2x8G DDR4 3200Mhz

GPU: XFX Rx 590 Fatboy

PSU: Kolink 600W Modular