Can PFSense utilize PCIe Modem Cards?

TLDR: Pardon my inexperience with PFSense and it's abilities but this is a question I have to ask. Is it possible for my PFSense box I'm building to utilize a PCIe modem card (dial-up) for the incoming DSL lines?

I'm basically replacing my Century-link supplied modem-wireless-switch combo unit with repurposed server hardware as it has been getting flaky and its web-UI is rendered practically useless. I'm suppose to have a 20 mbps connection but I can only ever seem to get a 1.2 mbps download speed. (My connection consists of 2, paired DSL connections. I live out in the boonies so..that is my best option with this company.) I'd prefer to just have my PFSense box just handle all incoming and out-going connections directly but if I'm misunderstanding the capabilities of the software I would like to know! I've been reading the documentation and I've found no mention for or against the use of modems card for DSL connections.

If I 'can' use any old dial-up card for this, my next question is, do I need a specific card to do so? Or would I need two separate to accomplish my goals (with two DSL links)? Even if I can only squeeze a single mbps more outta my download speeds I will be happy.

Even if y'all tell me to contact the PFSense Tech Support or get a modem-specific device, I appreciate it alot!

dsl is not dialup, and a dial up card won't work.

Your are probably much better off getting a seprate modem for dsl.

What dsl standard do you get?

Check if the card you want is supported by freebsd.

57 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

dsl is not dialup, and a dial up card won't work.

Your are probably much better off getting a seprate modem for dsl.

What dsl standard do you get?

Check if the card you want is supported by freebsd.

To be honest I couldn't tell you the DSL standard I have. I didn't know if there were any expansion cards that were capable of providing DSL to any system.

Guess I got confused, the centurylink techs used the existing phone cable to run BOTH DSL lines to our modem, though we did have to upgrade the wire from the connection point in our basement to the box.