Coax To cat4e back to Coax to cat5e

ELSknutson

I am currently running my PC wireless and I play World of Warcraft and the wireless has been getting spotty and there are times my latency go's to crap. I own a fairly large house and only have only 1 wireless access point in the house and I believe this is the cause, but the way my house is wired they put either cat 5e or Coax in the bedroom/ offices and not both and needless to say I drew the short straw in my office and got coax instead of cat 5e. All the coax and cat5 terminate in 1 location in the house in a panel on one of the closets on the other side of the house so I have access directly to the router with the coax to my office but I need a fairly cheap way to convert the signal from the router to coax then back to RJ45 to my pc to have a wired connection. Is there something out there or a way to do this? 

You can get modems like your ISP installs from amazon or  Walmart. You should just need to set up PPP connections between them and it might help to have another router before going to your PC, especially if you have more then one device you want to use it with.

That seems fairly expensive I guess one option I could due is sweat my Ass off and run Cat 5e from were the current modem is to my office but the thought of doing that makes me think of Ace Ventura when he climbs out of the rino in Ace Ventura When Nature Calls.  I am trying to avoid doing this but this solution only costs about $30 vs 60+ with a new modem 

A cheap solution could be powerline ethernet ... plug one adapter by your router/modem and one in your room, and your ethernet traffic travels through the power sockets. This will cost you 40$+ depending on what you buy, what powerline standard, which maximum throughput...

There are ethernet to coaxial transceivers/converters/extenders ... but they're gonna cost, estimate up to 200-250$ as you need a pair  (one to convert to coaxial and one to convert back to rj45)

Something cheap that may or may not work would be this ... just don't expect super high speeds: https://www.amazon.com/NE-SE01-020Q-Seco-Larm-Passive-Ethernet-Extender/dp/B01718U2KQ?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_14

IMHO you should just pull ethernet cable ... tie the end of the ethernet cable to your coaxial, then pull the coaxial out through the walls and the coax cable should pull the ethernet cable through, unless it gets stuck somewhere.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

A cheap solution could be powerline ethernet ... plug one adapter by your router/modem and one in your room, and your ethernet traffic travels through the power sockets. This will cost you 40$+ depending on what you buy, what powerline standard, which maximum throughput...

There are ethernet to coaxial transceivers/converters/extenders ... but they're gonna cost, estimate up to 200-250$ as you need a pair  (one to convert to coaxial and one to convert back to rj45)

Something cheap that may or may not work would be this ... just don't expect super high speeds: https://www.amazon.com/NE-SE01-020Q-Seco-Larm-Passive-Ethernet-Extender/dp/B01718U2KQ?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_14

IMHO you should just pull ethernet cable ... tie the end of the ethernet cable to your coaxial, then pull the coaxial out through the walls and the coax cable should pull the ethernet cable through, unless it gets stuck somewhere.

ya thats seeming like the best option but I have built in channels in my wall for cables so I would not have to use the coax to pull the cat 5e but I would have to get into my attic in the middle of the summer in Florida