Which parts?

Zafary
2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

9400f to a 3300x? Isn't that a sidegrade/slight downgrade in term of gaming performance?

And if op records, then nvenc is nice to have. 

not sure how well the AMD encoder works for the newer cards, but the older cards are very bad at low bit rate

im not really planning a radeon but if necessary then yes

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

not sure how well the AMD encoder works for the newer cards, but the older cards are very bad at low bit rate

works fine for me, can record 1080 60fps without any stuttering.

53 minutes ago, Oswin said:

the encoders arent great, though it gets the job done

52 minutes ago, gloop said:

works fine for me, can record 1080 60fps without any stuttering.

so i went and spent time understanding more about what's going on for types of encoders on the market through this video

Spoiler

do note that this video is more about streaming at bit rates below 10mbps, so it may not be relevant for local recordings.

and the TL;DR is, nvenc (turing) is still king in all category, and the AMD is pretty much still bottom of the barrel, below cpu encode very fast most of the time (other than H265, which idk what it is tbh, someone enlighten me?)

but if OP is looking more at gaming than game capture (which he probably is) then fps value comes first,

as oswin said, it's not too bad in the end

just take note that OBS's AMD encoder implementer have left the team, so unless someone picks it up, it's not getting any updates (unless someone already has after this video has been published)

also interestingly, 1650 is the only turing GPU that doesnt have turing encoder, it uses volta, which is more similar to Pascal encoder

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately