Samsung G9 Odyssey VS Dell U4919DW

MasonK

I am currently in search of a 49” ultrawide so that I can essentially have two 27” monitors, without the extra cables and bulk. However, my original purchasing decision, the LG 49WL95C-W, is no longer available in Canada. 

My main use case will be productivity and graphic design, with some light gaming on the side. I have two systems that I will be using it with: a 16-inch MacBook Pro and a custom Windows PC (3700x and 2080ti). Currently, I can purchase the Dell for around $1,850 through their website, but their pricing always seems iffy. The G9 is only $150 more but I am concerned about text readability, colours, etc.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, MasonK said:

I am currently in search of a 49” ultrawide so that I can essentially have two 27” monitors, without the extra cables and bulk. However, my original purchasing decision, the LG 49WL95C-W, is no longer available in Canada. 

My main use case will be productivity and graphic design, with some light gaming on the side. I have two systems that I will be using it with: a 16-inch MacBook Pro and a custom Windows PC (3700x and 2080ti). Currently, I can purchase the Dell for around $1,850 through their website, but their pricing always seems iffy. The G9 is only $150 more but I am concerned about text readability, colours, etc.

Thanks in advance!

You also lose a bezel, which is nice.   Keep in mind you may have less cables but mouse drivers and a game or two very occasionally go apeshit and get laggy when faced with ultra wide. The pixel format is non standard.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, MasonK said:

The G9 is only $150 more

There was an email sent out by Samsung saying there may be delay in availability for the G9 due to extra testing taking place.  There was rumored defects or some other quality assurance issue with them. 

Rtings has a G7 they have tested and is releasing the results soon (up for people with Insider Access now) and has plans to purchase a G9.  You may be able to get a good idea of the G9 based on their results from the G7.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x, X570 ASUS Prime Pro, 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz CL16,

EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM 27" 1080P @ 280hz and LG CX 4k tv

Hopes and Dreams: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 and Ryzen 9 5950x