Is this really true O.O

matto97

Cause im at uni doing a course in IT i got given a Dream Spark account for Microsoft. Im able to get ANY Microsoft item for free. I was just wondering if there was a catch like only being able to download something once cause i was thinking of maby upgrading my bros comp to windows 8 and maby some of my friends comps.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

You only get a key for 1 of each product, and it will last for just two years from when you placed the order.

No - there are only certain products and they are not for commercial or private use - only education use such as in a testing environment I say having half a dozen 2012 server keys...

Not any, but quite many of them indeed. There´s no catch, you can keep downloading the software until your account is revoked (2 years after you finish your study, afaik)

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

No - there are only certain products and they are not for commercial or private use - only education use such as in a testing environment I say having half a dozen 2012 server keys...

I have 1 2012 R2 server that I got from Dreamspark. Not sure how how you have more then 1???

it probably says in the users agreement that you cant use it for others people computers and such.

dont know if they excualy check this but i would suppose they do. Otherwise  they have a pretty big problem / are really stupid to think people wont abuse this.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I dont think you can get operating systems only things like word and visual basic 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

Yeah i can download 200 things for free but can only activate them once. So when the 2 years is up what happens do i loos my OS xD turn it on and just black screen :P or what?

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

You can only obtain the keys while the account's active (like's been said), but everything you get will keep working after your account's closed. It's how I got my copy of Windows 8 (it's actually alright when you don't pay for it :P)

You can only obtain the keys while the account's active (like's been said), but everything you get will keep working after your account's closed. It's how I got my copy of Windows 8 (it's actually alright when you don't pay for it :P)

I love windows 8 i can never go back :P took me a wile to warm to it but now im atached :D

I dont think you can get operating systems only things like word and visual basic 

You can get operating systems since vista (inclusive).

My dad works in IT and I have access to the files that they give :D <_< except might can be downloaded forever and the code never dies!

Because who wants to pay the buttholes at Microsoft?

I love windows 8 i can never go back :P took me a wile to warm to it but now im atached :D

Yeah, I didn't like it during the RC for Win 8 but it grew on me.

I'm both student and staff(in the same faculty) at my university,

If your uni has a dreamspark premium subscription you get, 1x each OS OEM keys, this covers ever major itteration of the OSs including the server versions. 1 key for each developer software item, these keys are personal keys and do not lock to systems they are installed on. 1 Key for each application, these are a mixture of types, I believe the office ones (old office versions, the latest aren't there) are single use keys, I'm not sure about the rest.

There is also one code for access to add to the windows live store without royalties being taken by microsoft.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

• 4 months later...

I'm both student and staff(in the same faculty) at my university,

If your uni has a dreamspark premium subscription you get, 1x each OS OEM keys, this covers ever major itteration of the OSs including the server versions. 1 key for each developer software item, these keys are personal keys and do not lock to systems they are installed on. 1 Key for each application, these are a mixture of types, I believe the office ones (old office versions, the latest aren't there) are single use keys, I'm not sure about the rest.

There is also one code for access to add to the windows live store without royalties being taken by microsoft.

Is it true that you can't install dream spark's free copy of Windows 8.1 unless the machine you want to install it on already has Windows or Mac OS already installed on it? I'm doing a new build and I want to be sure this isn't a problem.