Memory locking failed memtest64 HELP

I have 3600mhz 16 gb trident z rgb ram.. sometimes when i want to use memtest. It says memory locking failed.. other times it does the test fine.. does that mean my ram is bad?

well if it failed once then there's probably something wrong, even if it passed 5 other times

likely on the border of instability?

what cpu are you pairing it with (definitely not fx6300 in your profile)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

well if it failed once then there's probably something wrong, even if it passed 5 other times

likely on the border of instability?

what cpu are you pairing it with (definitely not fx6300 in your profile)

It did not fail the test or got any errors..  the memtest app says memory allocation failed.. not like the test went ahead and  errors came out..   m pairing it with i5 8600k

Is memtest64 performing the test within Windows? I wouldn't recommend it. It sounds like a system resource is using a portion of Memory that memtest is attempting to lock. It spits out an error because of that.

Use a bootable thumb drive and run Memtest86. This is done outside a Windows environment so background processes can't affect your ability to run the test.

If it comes back without errors chances are your RAM is perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Is memtest64 performing the test within Windows? I wouldn't recommend it. It sounds like a system resource is using a portion of Memory that memtest is attempting to lock. It spits out an error because of that.

Use a bootable thumb drive and run Memtest86. This is done outside a Windows environment so background processes can't affect your ability to run the test.

If it comes back without errors chances are your RAM is perfectly fine.

U mean memtest 64? 86 is 32 bit right? Also how do i do that? Like copy memtest to a pendrive.. then put it in usb port n run memtest? .

What did u mean like using bootable drive then running memtest from that...sorry couldn't understand.. please instruct me..

1 minute ago, Mahbub said:

U mean memtest 64? 86 is 32 bit right? Also how do i do that? Like copy memtest to a pendrive.. then put it in usb port n run memtest? .

What did u mean like using bootable drive then running memtest from that...sorry couldn't understand.. please instruct me..

Memtest86 supports x64 as of version 5. It can test more than 3.25GB of RAM. It will work with DDR4 as well.

And yes. You would install the .ISO to a thumb drive (pen drive) using something like Rufus then reboot your computer and tell it to boot to the thumb drive. This is a much more controlled testing environment than leaving Windows doing stuff in the background while you're attempting to do hardware diagnostics.

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Memtest86 supports x64 as of version 5. It can test more than 3.25GB of RAM. It will work with DDR4 as well.

And yes. You would install the .ISO to a thumb drive (pen drive) using something like Rufus then reboot your computer and tell it to boot to the thumb drive. This is a much more controlled testing environment than leaving Windows doing stuff in the background while you're attempting to do hardware diagnostics.

Okk. How much time should i run the test to be sure?

11 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

This is whats its doing... Did i do it right?  How much time should i run it?

IMG_20200801_005754.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

Okk. How much time should i run the test to be sure?

The test should run to completion on its own and will say if it found any read errors. If you're so inclined you could run it twice but if it comes back green both times your RAM is likely perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, Mahbub said:

This is whats its doing... Did i do it right?  How much time should i run it?

You got it. It's going to do 4 passes as it states you are on "Pass: 1/4" "Errors: 0" Good so far. It will finish and let you review it's findings. With any luck it won't find anything.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

You got it. It's going to do 4 passes as it states you are on "Pass: 1/4" "Errors: 0" Good so far. It will finish and let you review it's findings. With any luck it won't find anything.

Thank u very much..   fingers crossed