notification annoyance

DarthEoin

What happened?

when you get a notlifcation that someone reacted to your post it says ______reacted to a post in a topic ______

What did you expect to happen?

i think i might be better to say ______reacted to your post in a topic ______

because it only shows up whan your post is reacted to

Please excuse my spelling

Thats a very nuance thing. It will only ever notify you IF it was your post that got the reaction. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

"your post" implies that you've only made one post in the topic, which will usually not be the case, so it's not better in that respect. The fully semantically correct form would I think be "x reacted to one of your posts in [the topic titled] y", but that's pretty unwieldy. If there's a reasonable option that does improve the phrasing, I'm happy to change it, but I don't want to replace a phrasing that's wrong in one respect with one that's wrong in another.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

"your post" implies that you've only made one post in the topic, which will usually not be the case, so it's not better in that respect. The fully semantically correct form would I think be "x reacted to one of your posts in [the topic titled] y", but that's pretty unwieldy. If there's a reasonable option that does improve the phrasing, I'm happy to change it, but I don't want to replace a phrasing that's wrong in one respect with one that's wrong in another.

that is a good point how about ______reacted to your post(s) in a topic ______

8 minutes ago, DarthEoin said:

that is a good point how about ______reacted to your post(s) in a topic ______

That wouldn't be right either though - they didn't react to your posts, they just reacted to one of them (plus that's not consistent with how pluralisation is done elsewhere on the site).

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

That wouldn't be right either though - they didn't react to your posts, they just reacted to one of them (plus that's not consistent with how pluralisation is done elsewhere on the site).

ok thanks then