40oz water bottle fits hydroflask lids

PalkiaRock484

Just got my pink gift from lttstore.com but I didn’t like the lid coming off thing since I usually bring my bottle to a gym. Tried my hydroflask straw lid and it fits! Don’t know if that’s like water bottle cannon or if they’re supposed to do that, and I haven’t done like extensive leak testing. But I still think it’s pretty dope for anyone thinking ab getting one of these.

D7E8648F-4DC4-42EF-8037-85A4B590DA04.jpeg

Grump Bumb

And the boot too! I’m getting way too excited over accidental water bottle standards 

DF629DB7-A546-4666-8372-918E9B54B541.jpeg

Grump Bumb

I would love to buy just such a lid (is kinda insane to buy a bottle just to use the lid for another bottle).

Are the lid sizes of the 40oz and the regular bottle the same btw?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i can tell you if the straw top fits both bottles as i just ordered one for my which is to arrive on friday.

and i have both a 21oz and a 40oz bottle at home.

If that had been an Apple product they'd already have issued an updated revision of the water bottle to prevent third-party lids from fitting ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if a different brand of lid will fit on the 40oz bottle. I took a chance on a Camelbak lid and while it fits, it's not a natural fit. It takes a lot of effort to get it on there.

• 7 months later...

https://www.takeyaeurope.com/en/bottles-originals/original-spout-lid.html

This is the one I have been using for a small year now.

Still works great... except for one thing: water seems to build up slightly where the air holes are (under that rubber). And sometimes that cause it to drop a bit. It's not really big problem, but def worth mentioning.

The fit itself is perfect though. easily comes off but is still snug on there

IMG_20210507_150004.jpg

IMG_20210507_150111.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 7/29/2020 at 3:29 PM, PalkiaRock484 said:

Just got my pink gift from lttstore.com but I didn’t like the lid coming off thing since I usually bring my bottle to a gym. Tried my hydroflask straw lid and it fits! Don’t know if that’s like water bottle cannon or if they’re supposed to do that, and I haven’t done like extensive leak testing. But I still think it’s pretty dope for anyone thinking ab getting one of these.

D7E8648F-4DC4-42EF-8037-85A4B590DA04.jpeg

Any update on this at all? I know it’s bee yearsss! But I was just wondering if you actually tested it for a bit to see if it leaks at all, or if there’s any mold growth issues?

Just now, Pigmen11 said:

Any update on this at all? I know it’s bee yearsss! But I was just wondering if you actually tested it for a bit to see if it leaks at all, or if there’s any mold growth issues?