Why is my new pc LOUD?

StanLaw12

Hey, I just built a new computer and got it to post. But there a a very loud fan noise. I disabled my case fans, gpu fans, and cpu cooler fan but the noise is still present. At first I thought it was the psu, but that’s quiet too. My hard drive is also not the culprit of the sound. However, when I go into CPUZ, I noticed that the South bridge of my motherboard is at 51 rev. I have no idea what it means but could this be the culprit of the sound? If not does anyone know what’s wrong with my pc?

Pc specs: Ryzen 5 3600

B450 Tomahawk Max

Gigabyte wind force 2070S

Corsair vengeance lpx 3200mhz

Noctua NH-u12s

Seagate 2tb HDD

Samsung 970 DVO NVME

Your motherboard doesn't have a fan so that isn't it. You'll have to check specifically where the noise is coming from.

what case do you have? in my case (nzxt h440) there's fans in places you can't see from the side panel, and because they're directly wired to a molex power connector, do not show up in software.

Go to BIOS and change the fan curve to silent, it will be quiet for the most part of the time

You always notice a new sound more, set it up to ensure temperatures and sound noise is tolerable. You will be used to it in a few months and notice it less.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 hour ago, Fappelzap said:

use be quiet or other quiet fans

Noctua redux is money is tight, be quiet or noctua if not

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

well if you disable all the fans you could there is probably still a fan somewhere that is not working on full blast trying to keep things from getting destroyed.