Video Editing Storage Workflow

Hi all!

I just wanted to run my video editing workflow by you to see if it makes any sense, or if I have to modify my plan for optimal speed/redundancy/backup/archiving.

I will be receiving the raw footage on SD cards, which I will then transfer to my high-speed editing RAID (4 SSDs in RAID 0). From here, I will setup hourly backups to an external RAID consisting of high capacity HDDs (likely in RAID 1, or something else that offers decent redundancy). The footage on this RAID will be uploaded to the cloud. When I'm finished with the project, I will remove the footage from my high-speed RAID, and the backup of the footage and the project will remain on the HDD RAID until it can be archived (ex. Project 1 is cloned onto a portable 1TB external drive) and in the cloud permanently. 

Does this make sense? Do you have any further recommendations?

Thank you in advance,
Erin Joan

Intel i9 9900k @ 4.00GHz // NZXT Kraken Z53 // MSI Z390-A PRO // Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 // EVGA RTX 3080 Ti // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 // Crucial MX500 500GB x5 // Seagate FireCuda 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive x2 // Seagate BarraCuda 4TB HDD x2 // NZXT S340 Elite Tempered Glass Mid Tower //

how much bigger archive hdds are?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

1 hour ago, mahyar said:

how much bigger archive hdds are?

I'm planning on having two 8TB drives in RAID 1 for a total of 8TB of usable space.

Intel i9 9900k @ 4.00GHz // NZXT Kraken Z53 // MSI Z390-A PRO // Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 // EVGA RTX 3080 Ti // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 // Crucial MX500 500GB x5 // Seagate FireCuda 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive x2 // Seagate BarraCuda 4TB HDD x2 // NZXT S340 Elite Tempered Glass Mid Tower //