Should I just get pc case and get parts later (case goes out of stock often)

JustinNgos

I’m looking to build a pc around Black Friday and I’ve been looking at this case for a little bit now and it goes out of stock often. I’m afraid once I get the parts the case is going to be out of stock or more expensive. Right now it’s at retail price and only 6 left, went down by 4 in 1 hour. So should I get the case and just let it sit there for a few months till I get the parts or should I buy it all together?

Just now, WI-FIultrasnoop said:

Depends, whats the time frame for having all the parts to your PC.

I’m going to get the case now and get the other parts by late November/ early December 

5 minutes ago, WI-FIultrasnoop said:

Depends, what's the time frame for having all the parts to your PC. since it's about 122 days left till black friday and the cases do last longer than parts, i'd say go for it if you really want the PC built by the time all your parts arive. But if the case (which i reckon it would) comes back within the 122 day gap then... I'm blabling, go for it.

Okay, thanks for the other opinion bc i was thinking if I should get it or not for a few days

1 minute ago, WI-FIultrasnoop said:

right I'd say maybe hold back a bit, the case your after would probably come back in stock within the gap of this year so unless you reckon it's gonna go through a lot of customs and take forever to get to you, just hold back and wait a lil. you get that little more out of it by having it not being so old, even if it's barely a year older than your parts.

Okay I can wait

What case? I mean if it's a niche case like an NCase M1 I get buying now. If it's mass produced case by the likes of NZXT, Fractal, Corsair etc, I don't see the need to rush.