Im looking for a work laptop maybe with amd cpu as i here they are cheap

Im look for a laptop for work all i would be doing on it is emails,wed  looking around the $500 price range

I can't personally recommend anything, but all ~$500 laptops will be about the same. As a minimum, make sure it has an SSD (or SSD and hard drive), 8GB of RAM, and a 4-core CPU. AMD CPUs will in most cases run cheaper--and cooler--but be sure that it's Ryzen, not something like an A8 or A10, as those are very dated nowadays.

Browse Best Buy or another electronic store, preferably in-person. Build, keyboard, monitor, and trackpad quality are other important things to check, and for most people can be subjective.

Get laptop with these specs:

- Athlon 3150u (gold) or Ryzen 3200g (it's the same thing just slightly different speed), or if you can find a 4300g for that price, you are lucky.

- 4gb with additional / upgradeable memory slot. 8gb or more is what you want.

- SSD is recommended, but HDD is okay, find out if you can add another drive (ssd or hdd).

- 1080p Full HD is desirable.

Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5, Asus Vivobook, Acer Swift 3 are some of my recommendation.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w