First Build 3 PC's

I have never built a computer and have very little confidence in playing around inside one.  I did once replace a hard drive and ram.

I am looking for 2 things so please clarify what is info for what.  In both cases I want them future proofed with idea of being able to upgrade over next couple years as funds become available or needs change.  AMD B550 board for both?

Budget (including currency): Depends, maybe $500, then $1000+

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: See build requirements.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

First pc is the one I want to do to test my understanding of building, would like closer to the $500 range.  This PC would be just for the basics, mainly used as a work/internet browser pc for my store and play Rimworld/worldofwarships when i am stuck at it but no customers. up grade ability would be more just for storage.  No monitor required as i will use one of my existing ones.  This pc is basically to replace a systems i already have into one that is new and does not have parts that are wearing out/off the shelf build issues.  I might also just turn around and sell this system for school use local if i feel comfortable with how i did.  Wifi not required but would be nice as back up.  Multiple USB ports required.  Ram to be 2 4gb sticks.  Hard drive needs are probably not more than 1TB for this system.

Second/Third PC.  This is to replace my current gaming/main office system.  This is the system that ill be slowly upgrading over the next couple years.  I am thinking a B550 motherboard *but dont know what one.  Both the second and third pc are going to be basically identical other than the third pc needs to have very good dust protection/cooling as its in a place that gets very hot/dusty and will probably be built at the very end after all upgrades have been figured out and tested out on second PC.  3 monitor layout (second PC will use 3, third will only be 1)  Monitor requirement is 144hz 24-27".

This pcs will be for gaming/streaming/video editing.  I want to get into a B550 or x750 motherboard with idea of getting lower end cpu and then latter down road upgrade to better CPU with same motherboard.  I also dont want to have to change out the power supply at all.  Hard line connection no wifi.

Games/programs:  Rimeworld, World of Warships, World of Tanks, Other strategy games like Dawn of War or Total War (almost no FPS), League of Legends.  Word processing/spreadsheets/accounting programs and other E commerce related programs.  Streaming on Twitch/youtube with bad upload (basically 1 up) speeds so recording then upload? or something (dont really know this part ether). discord/TSeamspeak  .  The ability to run 4+ programs at same time.

Cooling/Sound:  needs to be able to handle 90+ F degree rooms while also maintaining some sound level to be able to stream/communicate on discord/TSeamspeak

there is no such thing as future proof for most pc parts. B550 is probably a safe bet for upgradability. 

i have multiple questions:

why do you want 2x4 sticks of ram? why not either 1x8 or 2x8?

not a question but a fact. Most motherboards have multiple usb ports and your case will have atleast one.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

5 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

there is no such thing as future proof for most pc parts. B550 is probably a safe bet for upgradability. 

i have multiple questions:

why do you want 2x4 sticks of ram? why not either 1x8 or 2x8?

not a question but a fact. Most motherboards have multiple usb ports and your case will have atleast one.

I realize that at some point one wont be able to upgrade the CPU anymore.  All my systems that I have bough over the past 6 years, I though were up-gradable.  Only 1 could upgrade the CPU (up to the second system I had) as such the CPU upgrade ably was not there, thats why I was thinking of AMD's new boards/chips as I would be able to do something in 5 years probably and would be an upgrade from what I bought.   Other systems were the off the shelf style specialty boards and cant find any information on them, or in some cases, if you put a GPU into them you can not upgrade the ram or something along those lines.

Regarding the Ram for the first pc is 4gb is enough for the programs I would mainly be using and I dont want to go under 8 Gb overall.  I know from one of my systems that only has a 8 in it right now that single channel will create bottlenecks for the programs I run and so need duel channel.  If a 2x8 ends up being within 5-$10 price range fo the 2x4 then I am fine too.

The comment on USB's is two fold.  1st I know some motherboards when compared with cases dont have the connectors for the case connections.  I dont want to deal with a dead port.  Secondly the first pc will probably get alot plugged into it on and off depending on the needs of the business.  Anything from printers/tablets/phones or even camera/scanner devices.  The standard 4 USB ports wont work. The second pcs will be streaming pcs so whatever is needed for those systems.  I have been spending time looking at the new motherboards but alot I dont understand regarding features they do and do not have.

2 minutes ago, zarnicolas said:

Regarding the Ram for the first pc is 4gb is enough for the programs I would mainly be using and I dont want to go under 8 Gb overall.  I know from one of my systems that only has a 8 in it right now that single channel will create bottlenecks for the programs I run and so need duel channel.  If a 2x8 ends up being within 5-$10 price range fo the 2x4 then I am fine too.

What??? What do you mean you don't want to go under 8GB overall? If you want to stream, you WILL want at least 16 GB. 

4 minutes ago, zarnicolas said:

The comment on USB's is two fold.  1st I know some motherboards when compared with cases dont have the connectors for the case connections.  I dont want to deal with a dead port.  Secondly the first pc will probably get alot plugged into it on and off depending on the needs of the business.  Anything from printers/tablets/phones or even camera/scanner devices.  The standard 4 USB ports wont work. The second pcs will be streaming pcs so whatever is needed for those systems.  I have been spending time looking at the new motherboards but alot I dont understand regarding features they do and do not have.

Again, What??? If you have a dead USB port, which probably is unlikely, you should return your board! There is a reason why you have warranty! Boards have varying amounts of USB ports. Some as many as 5. Also don't forget your front panel as well! IF you REALLY need more than 4-6 USB ports if you have a higher end board, why not invest in a USB hub? Just get a quality one. Also, how do you need more than 2 PC's for streaming? I get that one is for encoding and the other is for the recording and playing the games, but what is the third for??? Also, aren't most printer's wireless now? 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

First PC is not for streaming, its going to be used mainly as a kiosk at my shop, with some light gaming (ships and rimworld only).  There are alot and i mean alot of wifi/wireless signals in my area so I dont go by that for most things to try and keep things cleared up.  I expect the streeming pcs to be doing 16 or even 32 GB ram in the end.

Second PC is for my work office and probably the location ill be streaming from most of the time.  This one I currently have 2 monitors hooked up but they are not same size or even equial.  The third one would be for home but my bedroom gets or stays at 90+ in summer and combined with cat need to see that it can deal with those issues.