Is my PSU enough for the new build

INZ4NE_

Hey! So let me start of by saying I'm a starter when it comes to pc building. My current build is 6700k,980ti,32gb ram and Im going to get 10700k and run it on default clocks. Before you ask why get the cpu and not the gpu, the reason is that Im waiting for the 3000 series. So okay the question, I got 660w seasonic platinum The PSU that I currently have and I got it back in 2015. Do I need to upgrade it now or will it be fine? Will it also handle 3080 or is that asking too much? 

Wattage wise, it should be fine. What specific model is it? Why are you upgrading to intel over AMD?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

4 minutes ago, INZ4NE_ said:

Will it also handle 3080 or is that asking too much?

No specifics are out on the powerdraw on these parts, but your PSU is likely to run just fine. 

13 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Wattage wise, it should be fine. What specific model is it? Why are you upgrading to intel over AMD?

Seasonic 660W P 660 (XP²) should be the model name...maybe? :D And the reason why I went for intel is cause I play 90% of the time only csgo and I'm aiming to buy the 360hz monitor when it comes out and heard that intel is still winning on the fps race atleast on csgo. 

3 minutes ago, INZ4NE_ said:

Seasonic 660W P 660 (XP²) should be the model name...maybe? :D And the reason why I went for intel is cause I play 90% of the time only csgo and I'm aiming to buy the 360hz monitor when it comes out and heard that intel is still winning on the fps race atleast on csgo. 

If you are waiting for the 3080ti then just wait for the cpu too. Ryzen 4000 comes in fall so maybe by the time you get your 3080 that has come out. That and a 6700k is still a great gaming cpu. It's already basically impossible for people to see the difference between 144hz and 240hz part from some pro gamers so 360hz is gonna matter even less. It's more of a higher numbers =  better marketing at that point.