Surface pro 3 (should I buy)

Kanna

Someone is selling a surface pro 3 localy for about $50 coverted it has a crack and the touch is broken but would it be a good buy?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Someone is selling a surface pro 3 localy for about $50 coverted it has a crack and the touch is broken but would it be a good buy?

If you know you can fix it then sure otherwise a surface without a usable touchscreen is next to useless imo

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, vong said:

If you know you can fix it then sure otherwise a surface without a usable touchscreen is next to useless imo

Like I don’t know how to fix but there is some good repair shops here, I don’t really need touch either I really just want something portable that isn’t my iPad since there seems to be a cover with keyboard in the listing

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

25 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Why the hesitation? Why are you asking for feedback?

I want feedback on how it would do in 2020 don’t really want to miss out on this dealbut maybe it isn’t worth 

Edit : I may have missunderstood but I’m a little hesitated since items sell so fast here

Reminder⚠️

47 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

It's not worth it unless you don't already have a tablet that has stylus support.

It can repaired yes, but likely at a high cost because its an obscure device and already very dated. The chances of a repair shop having the replacement parts required is slim to none. We are not talking about some bog standard non-stylus tablet that anyone can easily make replacement screens for. This thing has a screen that will likely never achieve full functionality unless its a direct part replacement from the manufacturer.

And then there is the matter of the state of the battery.

For all the time and money you are going to have to spend on it, it is unlikely you will get a net positive experience considering you already have a working iPad.

Well there is a good battery since it hasn’t really been used, yeah I understand but like it can still be used as a laptop right? Becaus the iPad doesn’t have the full desktop experience

Reminder⚠️

23 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Be careful not to mistake claims as facts

I dont know. It might require some degree of touch screen interaction before you can use it as a laptop. I've never used a Surface

If you are looking for any sort of assurance that it wont end up being just a waste of your money, then you are being delusional. No one here can predict the actual state of the device and its usability. No one here can predict if you will even get what you are paying for.

Maybe you know more than I do. Think this through and determine if you are making a purchase or a gamble. Personally, I NEVER gamble

Well the batteri isn't a big problem and from what I know it can work without touch screen and it's not a big gamble since that Price is pretty low comparing to what electronics cost here but that's mostly due to the fact that the touch doesn't work, it also includes a surface case with keyboard and trackpad

Reminder⚠️

9 hours ago, Kanna said:

Like I don’t know how to fix but there is some good repair shops here, I don’t really need touch either I really just want something portable that isn’t my iPad since there seems to be a cover with keyboard in the listing

Couldn't you get the keyboard for the ipad? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

25 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Couldn't you get the keyboard for the ipad? 

Well I want a desktop experience, a keyboard costs so much here

Reminder⚠️

31 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well I want a desktop experience, a keyboard costs so much here

Get a desktop then? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

28 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Get a desktop then? 

Well I have one but I want something small and something cheap / still works for browsing and minecraft (yeh java for life)

Reminder⚠️

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I think the surface would be the best touch isn't mandatory, and a chromebook for $300 (converted) has worse specs than the surface and if it's new or not doesn't matter either. I don't have that high budget since I only want something that works for a while and I don't want to buy a whole new thing for that amount of money when second hand works as great

Reminder⚠️