Threadripper on itx?

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

It's an modiflied version of blender and autocad

try to lower the priority in task manager, that will let other apps run fine.

I just watched this vid, I remembered one of the fellow members explaining to me why threadripper in an itx  was a bad idea. 

Something about thermal throttling and losing lanes? 

And something about a H210 being a hot box? 

My 3D modeling/rendering system could have been doing my work in 1hr rather then the 3hrs I have to wait. 

I could have gone threadripper I didn't even get a 3950x because of the comment lol. 

So it is possible to run threadrippers in a small system.

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

Well there is no(that I know of) thread ripper on itx systems.

I think a major issue is the socket size. There isn't much room left for the ram and vrms and io. 

A 3950x should do fine in a itx case, they really don't make that much heat.

There are no motherboards that support it because there's not enough space for all the components necessary for chipset and power delivery and whatever.

People like to dream though.

r/Amd - To-scale rendition of what a TR4 mini ITX board might look like that I made in photoshop (Threadripper)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Well there is no(that I know of) thread ripper on itx systems.

I think a major issue is the socket size. There isn't much room left for the ram and vrms and io. 

A 3950x should do fine in a itx case, they really don't make that much heat.

lol, yeah I just found out, as long I ran stock I would have been fine. Now I just have to live with my 3700x.

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

Just now, StrawberryShortCakes said:

lol, yeah I just found out, as long I ran stock I would have been fine. Now I just have to live with my 3700x.

Your board will probably support 4xxx chips, could always upgrade the next gen chip for a pretty reasonlbe performnace boost.

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Your board will probably support 4xxx chips, could always upgrade the next gen chip for a pretty reasonlbe performnace boost.

I just pray there be a 16 core chip like the 3950x my 3D model rendering takes 3hrs due to the complex details and  textures. Now start to wonder if I had the 3950x how fast my school work would have been done. I miss alot of anime because just the work pins my cpu. 

Edited by StrawberryShortCakes

1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

I just pray there be a 16 core chip like the 3950x my 3D model rendering takes 3hrs due to the complex details and  textures. Now start to wonder if I had the 3950x how fast my school work would have been done. I miss alot of anime because just the work pins my cpu. 

what programs are you using, gpu rendering might be much faster than any cpu.

Renering in the background shouldn't affect video playback, set cpu priority if there is a issue.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Renering in the background shouldn't affect video playback, set cpu priority if there is a issue.

It's a software our school bought from Comtech. (not optimized) :(

I've tried CrunchyRoll takes forever to open so I gave up. 

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

It's an modiflied version of blender and autocad

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

try to lower the priority in task manager, that will let other apps run fine.

K I'll go try now thanks for the help. :)