Fan noise

Drabat

Hi ,

I recently ear a loud noise coming from my pc while i was playing and i figured out it was my gpu fan (the noise is very loud i ear it with my headset with my music)

So i stress the gpu with 3Dmark and yes come again , the noise came from the fan to run at full speed and slow down

Here what im talking ; https://streamable.com/iuh9d5

Here the result on 3DMARK https://imgur.com/71u7ESL for the temp

So i got few question is that temp is bad , should i use a custom curve fan for my gpu , because it never happen before

Here my configuration :

Ram : DDR4 3200Hz 16GO

HDD : 1To

Alimentation : 850W (Gold+)

CPU : I9-9900K not overclocked

SSD M.2 : 500GO +120 GO +1to

Boitier : Bequiet Silent Base 801 + 2 fan Pure Wings 2 120mm on the top

Carte mère : MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11go not overclocked

Ventirad : Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

Thank for the help

It doesn't  surprise me that it got really loud at 82 degrees, if you wanted to make it less  noisy you could try playing around with your fan curves to reduce rpm

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Just now, thedangerine said:

It doesn't  surprise me that it got really loud at 82 degrees, if you wanted to make it less  noisy you could try playing around with your fan curves to reduce rpm

Well it's the first time it go over 82 degrees after almost 2 year so it suprise me too that he can go that high , it's a safe temp or it's a problem ? 

How can i do that i never do a custom fan do you have some advice ?

1 minute ago, Drabat said:

Well it's the first time it go over 82 degrees after almost 2 year so it suprise me too that he can go that high , it's a safe temp or it's a problem ? 

How can i do that i never do a custom fan do you have some advice ?

82 degrees is perfectly safe but is on the higher end for temperature, pretty common for something like 3dmark to make it hit that temp under full load. If it normally doesn't get that hot I would make sure you have the latest drivers for your gpu and run the test again. As far as fan curves gigabyte likely has an app for that gpu that would allow you to adjust it

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Aorus engine yes i download it but i don't know where to start like what temp for rpm 

I think i might find where the noise can from i force my fan at 100% in stress test and it never reach 83° and i found my gpu have a temp limite who is 84° so the noise might came when the gpu reach 84° 

What do you think ?

i will buy a 80mm because i don't have the place for a 92mm and try if it's help a bit 

Well the fan didn't help at all