Best value 1tb SATA ssd 2.5 inch

Jelee229

I’m looking for a 1tb budget SATA ssd that has good performance and is 2.5 inches

Companies to consider: Samsung, WD, Sabrent, Crucial

Companies to avoid: Adata / XPG

3 minutes ago, Bipinvsnl said:

Companies to avoid: Adata / XPG

Why is that?

Also doesn't it come to specific models of SSDs?

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

Why is that?

Also doesn't it come to specific models of SSDs?

The older models where they use the Realtek controllers on the drives are very poor in terms of longevity. Although the newer drives are ok with different controllers, i personally would avoid Adata / XPG and prefer to go with other brands. People tend to look at their 6000 models which are fairly cheaper, but these are the ones with the realtek controllers!

3 minutes ago, Bipinvsnl said:

The older models where they use the Realtek controllers on the drives are very poor in terms of longevity. Although the newer drives are ok with different controllers, i personally would avoid Adata / XPG and prefer to go with other brands. People tend to look at their 6000 models which are fairly cheaper, but these are the ones with the realtek controllers!

Seems they are using Realtek controllers on some product line still. But not all. 

Bad productlines shoud be avoided...

Crucial made bad SSDs, one died on me (MX100), their BX is not that good. Most SSD makers have some bad product lines.

I edit my posts more often than not

9 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Seems they are using Realtek controllers on some product line still. But not all. 

Bad productlines shoud be avoided...

Crucial made bad SSDs, one died on me (MX100), their BX is not that good. Most SSD makers have some bad product lines.

Agreed! The newer one that i use 8200PRO is good, my S5 failed the very first day, and unfortunately i came across people facing the same issue with one particular realtek controller.

I am disappointed because i am sure Adata is aware of this issue due to the RMA they get with the same issue description, but they continue to sell them still! And where i live, Amazon has disabled the returns policy, where as other SSDs have atleast 10 days replacement. Should have taken this as a clue :D

8 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Which country you buying in?

us 
sorry about the late reply