help !

wassil

hey guys i was about to reinitialize my windows 10 and the electricity shut down and now it giving me error when i try to reinitialize it again i decided to reinstall windows 10 

if i do it will i need another windows 10 key ?

what to chose in mediacreation tool.      UPDATE or create usb for another PC ?  note that iam reinstalling windows 10 on the same pc 

do you not have the old windows 10 key? it should be tied to your motherboard or on your account but if it does ask you for the key again the old key should work.

if you are using the media creation tool on the computer without a usb drive obviously select update

12 minutes ago, wassil said:

hey guys i was about to reinitialize my windows 10 and the electricity shut down and now it giving me error when i try to reinitialize it again i decided to reinstall windows 10 

if i do it will i need another windows 10 key ?

what to chose in mediacreation tool.      UPDATE or create usb for another PC ?  note that iam reinstalling windows 10 on the same pc 

If all the hardware is exactly the same, the same key will work.

If it's a fresh install, just re-run it & remove all existing partitions as part of the install..

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

19 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

do you not have the old windows 10 key? it should be tied to your motherboard or on your account but if it does ask you for the key again the old key should work.

if you are using the media creation tool on the computer without a usb drive obviously select update

i do still have the key, and iam downloading to usb so iam good to go right ? 

one more question when the installation is created on my usb i will luch it from the usb not from the bios right ?

12 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

If all the hardware is exactly the same, the same key will work.

If it's a fresh install, just re-run it & remove all existing partitions as part of the install..

its on the same pc 

Just now, wassil said:

one more question when the installation is created on my usb i will luch it from the usb not from the bios right ?

yes

2 minutes ago, wassil said:

2 minutes ago, wassil said:

its on the same pc 

As long as you use the same Windows login, you won't need the windows key - keep it to hand, nonetheless.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!