To Build Or Buy?

Budget (including currency): £1,500/£2,000 (GBP)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Mostly to game on (Total War games, RDR2, and similar)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Have a monitor, keyboard and mouse that should do for now but will likely need to upgrade in the future. 

I have never built for myself before but see it compared to expensive Lego which gives me some hope I might be able to.  Have also been looking at different PC Builder sites but even then struggle to know what are good parts.  Had been looking with intention of buying this month but with talk of next gen being released in a couple months wonder if I should/could wait.

Your Shopping Basket at Box Limited.pdf

Wait. Honestly for this budget your performance benefits should be worth it. Come back in 2-3 months and then we can give you a part list or whatever. (Use Pcpartpicker they are the best for configuring and stuff) I would also recommend learning abit about pc hardware so your good to go when you come to building it.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

3 minutes ago, TyrionBlue said:

wonder if I should/could wait.

With this budget I would strongly recommend waiting.

If not, the list isn't too bad. I would get cheaper storage (non Samsung) and bump up to a 2080Super. I would also swap the motherboard for a better B550 board

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Build, and two things I would very strongly reommend are waiting for the new hardware to come out - it's right around the corner - and to refrain from spending so much on a gaming PC. 

Please use Pcpartpicker.com for build lists, makes it a lot easier for us to help you out.

Generally the recommendation is to build, you even seem keen to start so you should have absolutely no issue getting through it.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Thank you to everyone that has replied. I’m starting to think I should wait the 2-3 months and try my first build after some more research.  

Looks like the recommendation is the B550 over X570, what are the reasons for this?