Complete new mini itx build

Budget (including currency): Not a set budget but around 2-3k usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly csgo and new tripple a games such as cyberpunk when it gets released

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): This a cclean slate pc build. I want to do it an mini itx form factor either in a ghost s1, ncase m1, dan a4 or the formd t1. I dont want to deal with bios updates etc thatswhy also the choice of motherboard. I want it to be faairly quiet as well. Aim is to run 1440p at 144hz. This would be my build: I am not trying to do any sstreaming btw :)

looks p solid

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

I'm not sure if that cooler will fit in those cases, may want to switch to the NH-L9A.

Are you able to find any of those cases in stock? They're typically made in really low numbers and sell out like immediately.

If you have any other questions about sff pcs, check out r/sffpc for either ideas or comparisons of parts, combinations, and sources for those rare cases. 

edit: If you don't want to wait, check out Sliger cases. They have some really nice itx options and appear to have the manufacturing means that other itx case companies don't. Their prices are also pretty reasonable on cases like the Console and SM560.

ASU

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I'm not sure if that cooler will fit in those cases, may want to switch to the NH-L9A.

Are you able to find any of those cases in stock? They're typically made in really low numbers and sell out like immediately. 

If you have any other questions about sff pcs, check out r/sffpc for either ideas or comparisons of parts, combinations, and sources for those rare cases. 

thx a lot!! this is very usefull. I checked because of the cooler and it definitely works in the ghost s1 case. 

Are you sure you want a platnium PSU, you can get a 80+ Gold SFX PSU for much cheaper like this one for half the price

Much better board and memory, much cheaper and similarly performing SSD and power supply, and a 2080 Super instead of the 2070 Super (though waiting for Ampere/RDNA2 would be recommended).

I would've gone for the X570-I, as normally it's only $20 more expensive and has quite a lot beefier of a power delivery, but even the B550-I will be fine with a 3950X at stock speeds. Also, with a 500 series board you don't have to worry whether it's ready to run with Ryzen 3000 out of the box.

Edit: I just now noticed you mentioned that you're in Switzerland, so all the prices are in USD and are taken from US retailers. My bad.

Edited by Mateyyy

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Rip, power supplies are insane right now :( 

i can actually get a platinum corsair 750 sfx in Switzerland for 140 usd. as I just cheked. 

Oh another thing I noticed, @Mateyyy added a B550 motherboard over a 450, that's a good catch as it'll be compatible with a 3000 series CPU out of the box, but I think the Gigabyte B550 itx board is a little cheaper. I would choose the Gigabyte board over the Asus to save a couple bucks unless you're tied to the Asus for some reason.

ASU

7 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Much better board and memory, much cheaper and similarly performing SSD and power supply, and a 2080 Super instead of the 2070 Super (though waiting for Ampere/RDNA2 would be recommended).

I would've gone for the X570-I, as normally it's only $20 more expensive and has quite a lot beefier of a power delivery, but even the B550-I will be fine with a 3950X at stock speeds. Also, with a 500 series board you don't have to worry whether it's ready to run with Ryzen 3000 out of the box.

Edit: I just now noticed you mentioned that you're in Switzerland, so all the prices are in USD and are taken from US retailers. My bad.

Thing is I only have a gtx 980ti which is three slots high and want to build a small itx build with a two slot gpu. And honestly waiting over 2 months for it not sure if I want to do that. Idk. What do you think. 

9 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Oh another thing I noticed, @Mateyyy added a B550 motherboard over a 450, that's a good catch as it'll be compatible with a 3000 series CPU out of the box, but I think the Gigabyte B550 itx board is a little cheaper. I would choose the Gigabyte board over the Asus to save a couple bucks unless you're tied to the Asus for some reason.

I actually haven't managed to look into Gigabyte's ITX B550 board(s) yet, so I mostly put in the Strix B550-I since I know it's good even for a 3950X, though that could also very well be a solid option.

5 minutes ago, Doublemeter2m said:

Thing is I only have a gtx 980ti which is three slots high and want to build a small itx build with a two slot gpu. And honestly waiting over 2 months for it not sure if I want to do that. Idk. What do you think. 

Oh, I see. Well I mean it's up to you. Alternatively, you could get something like a 1660 Super now, sell that when the next-gen GPUs launch and upgrading then. 

If I had to guess, RTX 2000 series cards won't have a great resell value since you'll very likely be getting a lot more for your money with the new GPUs, but more mid-range option like the 1660 series won't really have a competitor pricing-wise, since we'll first be getting more high-end cards (probably 3080Ti, 3080 and 3070, for Nvidia).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I actually haven't managed to look into Gigabyte's ITX B550 board(s) yet, so I mostly put in the Strix B550-I since I know it's good even for a 3950X, though that could also very well be a solid option.

Oh, I see. Well I mean it's up to you. Alternatively, you could get something like a 1660 Super now, sell that when the next-gen GPUs launch and upgrading then. 

If I had to guess, RTX 2000 series cards won't have a great resell value since you'll very likely be getting a lot more for your money with the new GPUs, but more mid-range option like the 1660 series won't really have a competitor pricing-wise, since we'll first be getting more high-end cards (probably 3080Ti, 3080 and 3070, for Nvidia).

Think thats also a solid option to get me going with a solid low end gpu for cs in the meantime. mateyyy doing gods work here. thx!

41 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

@Mateyyy what I could also do is just run the itx case with the tripple slot gtx 980ti and with the sidepanel open until I can get my hand on ampere