Asus Xonar DG questions

FizzyFantom

I have an Asus Xonar DG soundcard, and I've had a strange experience with it.

When playing music (or just about any sound) it sounds significantly better when the equaliser is set to "Soft rock".

I've tested this with all kinds of music, voices and games, and using my "bad" headset and my "good" headphones. The results were always the same.

This isn't an issue, but I was wondering if anyone else has found this. If you have please share your experiences :)

Many thanks, FizzyFantom

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Whether it sounds good or not is entirely subjective. I personally found it to nerf the mid range a bit too much for my liking. By boosting the highs, it might sound "artificially" clearer.

I've searched around and some other people seem to think this as well. I feel that the mids overpower the other sounds on default, so I'm going to tinker until I find a setting I like :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I have the same card and mine is also set to 'soft rock'. For me that's the best sounding, im using an old pair of Turtle Beach X12's. I really like the Xonar, for me it was a great buy.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R