Help me switch from console gaming

1 minute ago, frameswingames said:

What are reasonable/normal temperatures for the CPU and GPU to run at? just so I know when monitoring them if i should worry if one seems to be struggling.

Not thermal throttling essentially. 

If its kinda warm ambient temps, anything at 85*C or below is fine. 

2 minutes ago, frameswingames said:

was toying with getting a Ryzen over an intel as I heard they perform better but also are less stable

"Less stable" is kinda odd considering at stock there really arent inherent stability issues. 

3 minutes ago, frameswingames said:

Knowing i'll most likely be gaming at 1080p would the newer GPU be overkill in your opinion?

If you are spending 3k£, you likely can spend the extra to get a good 1440p display, so why not get that. 

Interested in 21:9 aspect ratios or no?

@GoldenLag would that be around 85*C constant while gaming or should I expect it to dip and peak?

I think for a monitor i'd be looking more at 16:9 as i'm pretty competitive and feel any bigger than that I might miss an enemy because they'd be out of my peripheral vision.

1 minute ago, frameswingames said:

@GoldenLag would that be around 85*C constant while gaming or should I expect it to dip and peak?

You can expect it to vary a bit while gaming. As the load isnt constant

2 minutes ago, frameswingames said:

think for a monitor i'd be looking more at 16:9 as i'm pretty competitive and feel any bigger than that I might miss an enemy because they'd be out of my peripheral vision

Well then there have been 2 monitors being suggested that are decent.

Looking online I see a ASUS, EVGA and MSI 2080 ti GPUs which is confusing me, are these still NVIDIA?

1 hour ago, frameswingames said:

Looking online I see a ASUS, EVGA and MSI 2080 ti GPUs which is confusing me, are these still NVIDIA?

These GPUs are NVIDIA, but other companies like ASUS or EVGA make the board and fans that the processor is connected to.

53 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

These GPUs are NVIDIA, but other companies like ASUS or EVGA make the board and fans that the processor is connected to.

Is there a reason for this? Is it so the GPU fits their specific motherboard?

3 minutes ago, frameswingames said:

Is there a reason for this? Is it so the GPU fits their specific motherboard?

NVIDIA only makes the chip, these companies make variants with different boards and fans. Think of it like a CPU, AMD or Intel makes the chip but it goes into another company's motherboard. And basically any GPU can fit into any motherboard, you can mix and match them as much as you like.

4 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

@TofuHaroto likes you for this case decision

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

37 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

NVIDIA only makes the chip, these companies make variants with different boards and fans. Think of it like a CPU, AMD or Intel makes the chip but it goes into another company's motherboard. And basically any GPU can fit into any motherboard, you can mix and match them as much as you like.

Thank you :) I was worried they might have made them specific to their own board so it's good to know they're compatible with any.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/John0531/saved/4qz4dC this is what i would do for the tower, and then i added some peripherals. also, you need to know intel bad, amd good for cpus, not i3 vs i9. also, i could make you a more practical build

@Johnny-Boi or DM me on discord

@King of Reeeeee Land#9814  

PC is a work in progress, open to any tips and suggestions with ways listed above 😉

2 hours ago, sub68 said:

@TofuHaroto likes you for this case decision

after getting a meshify c and it dropping my cpu temps by like 30 degrees im sold on them

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@frameswingames I would suggest not spending money as we are going to be having new CPUs and GPUs coming from AMD (CPU/GPU) in 2-3 months and NVIDIA (GPU).

With that being said I was bored and did make a list with both Intel and AMD CPUs.

R9 3900X + 2080Ti w/more SSD Storage
i9 10900K + 2080Ti w/less SSD Storage (should have insane gaming performance when you OC your CPU though)

I love how if one of the busiest post's of recent is about leaving console's 😂

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

@ZeroStressLevel Great suggestions thank you :)

Just incase I absolutely suck a M&KB and want to use the ps4 controller via bluetooth what board would you guys recommend?

I kind of like the small form factor of the mid towers and I do have the space for a large tower so would it be practical to have a larger tower for a high end build to keep my temps lower or would a mid be sufficient?

Waiting for these new CPU/GPUs is painful, every time I look at my PS4 I want to throw it out the window.