DEMCiflex Dust Filter Unboxing and First Impressions

Why did buy these?

I guess I'll start with a bit of background information before I jump into the product itself.

I'm an owner of the 600T from Corsair, a midtower computer case. 

It has its own front dust filter provided by Corsair in the front which is not that effective. It allows a lot of the finer dust through it and is not the best filter out there. In my experience, modding it with a stretched pantyhose to reduce the dust intake worked perfectly, as it stopped every bit of dust, but it wound up almost stopping all airflow inside the case, so I had to stick with the stock filters there. 

The 600T I own came with a meshed side panel alongside am acrylic one. The meshed side panel however, came with no filter on it and using a fan with it would make all my internals go grey in barely a few weeks at best. In India, LianLi sells 120mm fan filters, but they are not magnetic and required to be screwed into place. If you are like me, the task of unscrewing and rescrewing 4 fans; thats 16 screws, resulting in 32 total screws and unscrews seems like a daunting waste of time every week, so you will most likely stick with the glass panel. Even if you do go for the Lian Lis, they appear to be worse than the stock ones Corsair provides in terms of stopping dust! 

The only other place I felt we could mount fans would be on the top, the 2x 120mm fans slots. When I was ordering a few things from Amazon in Feb last year, I got myself 2x Silverstone Ultrafine Fan Filters for the slots there, but I was made aware with the little dust still coming in from the nooks and crannies of my case that these weren't enough to maintain positive airflow in the case, so I realized that I had to mount more fans, and the only spot that remained was on the side. Thats when I came across DEMCiflex, a dust filter company based in South Africa. They make standard filters as well as custom ones for specific cases. I placed an order for

• 1x Front Fan Filter
  • 1x Side Fan Filter

Below is my fist impressions of the product, as well as a little unboxing. I hope someone finds this useful. :)

Ordering-

Ordering from them was fairly straightforward. I went on their website, selected what I wanted to buy, and proceeded to checkout. I'll admit this that paying around 13$ for shipping was a bit expensive, but I did get a 10% off being a student   ^_^ . Do note that shipping a few things or the full package of filters from them will cost the same thing for shipping. I got the courier with a week of ordering [far lesser than the 3-4 weeks I was expecting it to arrive in]. It was packaged in bendproof packaging inside a brown envelope. It was really well packaged and it would positively survive shipping. Do note it did have to come all the way to India :) I tried my best to bend it but after applying what I'd call a reasonable amount of force, it did not flinch! This was really satisfactory.

First Impressions-

The filters are magnetic and are REALLY fine. The first thing I did was compare the mesh between it, the Corsair one and the Silverstone Ultrafine one. I'll admit this was one thing I was quite skeptical about when I was ordering them but they blew me away. This is the finest mesh I've seen! These are even more fine than the Silverstone mesh! I then proceeded to blow air through the filter with my hand on the other side and these things actually allow quite a bit of air through; I'd go so far as to say they allow the same amount of air as the not that restrictive restrictive Ultrafines too! 

I did notice though when mounting the front filter, that the inner width was only 12cm. Nevertheless, it worked flawlessly and I could feel air moving from the fan. 

A part of my side filter came demagnetized and when I contacted Demciflex about this, their awesome support dealt with it immediately by sending me a new one! Their customer support is amazing and this is something I do feel quite strongly about.  

Conclusion-

For a first impressions though, I'll say this- I'm really impressed. These work out cheaper than the Silverstone Ultrafines if you are ordering a few of them and are finer than any solution I've tried while still allowing a good amount of airflow. One thing to note here is that the frame of the filters is not rigid. Whether you like it or not is personal preference, but I did not seem to like this one thing. When cleaning the bigger, side panel filter, a little rigidity would be nicer in my opinion when holding it for cleaning.

That aside, they do what they are designed to do quite well! They stop a lot of dust and within a few days, they require a cleaning. 

The only disadvantage I see is that I was foolish enough to not order more of these. If you have a case and are on the lookout for a high quality and relatively cheap solution, I would suggest giving these guys a shot. They are certainly working for me quite well! 

I hope this helps anyone looking for dust filters or considering DEMCiflex! 

post-14430-0-16301200-1393683804_thumb.j

post-14430-0-11412900-1393683820_thumb.j

post-14430-0-32098000-1393683831_thumb.j

post-14430-0-54998800-1393683842_thumb.j

post-14430-0-54750200-1393683857_thumb.j

post-14430-0-38727100-1393683896_thumb.j

post-14430-0-36766300-1393683916_thumb.j

post-14430-0-55923400-1393683930_thumb.j

post-14430-0-93733300-1393683945_thumb.j

post-14430-0-90874100-1393683959_thumb.j

post-14430-0-73082900-1393683973_thumb.j

post-14430-0-57764300-1393683990_thumb.j

post-14430-0-25549300-1393684001_thumb.j

PC in Profile

I have these filters and they work a treat, the 600T absolutely needs filters and these are perfect.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

hmmph, may look into these to cover my 140mm exhaust fan hole, since I don't have a fan in it ATM.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Good job introducing DEMCiflex to LTT, they are a great little company and deserve all the publicity they can get. Quick question- how did you get the student discount?

Send them an email for this :)

PC in Profile

Yep they're a really great product. I have a couple of their filters on my old PC.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Went with DF for my Caselabs S3 case. Got the package where it was specifically tailored to fit the S3, but the measurements are slightly off. Other then that, awesome dust filters, easy to clean, keeps all the tiny particles out of my system.

I want to get these for my phantom 410. Curently i have carbon filters mdoded on, but thoes impede airflow. BUt i dont like my phantom410, so ill just wait till i get a new case

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."