Static pressure fans

StrawberryShortCakes
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

As a general rule Noctua.  The only difference between a quiet fan and a not quiet fan is what rpm they can be run at before they start making noise.  There are of course also really really cheap fans that do things like still having flashing on them which may make some noise even at low rpm, but that can usually be fixed with an exact knife.  Neither of the brands you mentioned should have that problem.

I'm getting these fans for a second hand scythe fuma 2 the fans it came with were dead as a door nail. 

Fractal Design Venturi HP 14 140mm $30.9 sgd (comes with 120mm adapters) 

Noctua NF-A 14 140mm Chroma $39.9 sgd

Which is the quieter fan? 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

im using noctua and i would say its quiet...
why dont you try silentwings? silentwings3 high speed ones...

CPU Ryzen 5 3500 @4.1Ghz 1.05v || Motherboard MSI B450-A PRO MAX || RAM G.Skill SniperX 2x8GB 3600Mhz C19 || GPU iChiLL GeForce GTX 1060 6GB X3 || Case Fractal MiDi R2 || Storage 860 EVO 500GB - HDS72101 - WD10EZEX WD10EARS - WD30EZRX - ST4000NM003 - 2x ST4000DM004 || PSU Corsair RM550 || Display(s) LG 22MP65HQ - AOC 1670SWU || Cooling Corsair H110i GT || Keyboard Topre Type Heaven || Mouse Logitech G403 Prodigy || Sound Khastadio CS-01 - KZ ZSN || Operating System Windows 10 Pro 1903

I'm getting these fans for a second hand scythe fuma 2 the fans it came with were dead as a door nail. 

Fractal Design Venturi HP 14 140mm $30.9 sgd (comes with 120mm adapters) 

Noctua NF-A 14 140mm Chroma $39.9 sgd

Which is the quieter fan? 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

16 minutes ago, ayazam said:

im using noctua and i would say its quiet...
why dont you try silentwings? silentwings3 high speed ones...

Had bad experience with be quiet fans in pc class... The fan sparked and killed my psu... 

As a general rule Noctua.  The only difference between a quiet fan and a not quiet fan is what rpm they can be run at before they start making noise.  There are of course also really really cheap fans that do things like still having flashing on them which may make some noise even at low rpm, but that can usually be fixed with an exact knife.  Neither of the brands you mentioned should have that problem.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

K, I'll get the fractal to save a few dollars then. Thanks. 

I've had pretty much every fan you can buy over the last few years, and my newest Arctic P12's are even better than my Noctuas. Noctuas make this distinct noise when higher in the RPM range, especially their 15mm slim fans which sound like helicopters....

the Arctics remain steady however and they perform right up there with Noctua, I'm a huge fan literally bought 10 white transparent ones 

If you look at some recent YouTube fan reviews Arctic is right up there on the top of the chart with Noctua