No boot on restars,vga red led

Yan19

Hi,

I just finished my new build and I hope you can help me troubleshoot it.
Specs:
Cpu: i9 10900k
Cpu cooler: Noctua nh d15
Gpu: Msi Gtx 1080 gaming x
Ram: Corsair vengeance lpx 2x16gb
Psu: hx850i
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus z490 elite ac
Ssd: Adata xpg sx8200 pro 1tb
Case: Phanteks enthoo luxe

My problem is when I restart pc it doesn't boot and red vga led is on and no signal on monitor. So I have to turn pc off manually. When I turn it on pc starts normally and runs perfect untill I don't restart it.

What've I tried:
Clear CMOS.
Removing GPU and connecting monitor to motherboard,red vga led is still on
Turning off integrated graphics in bios.
Running with one stick of ram in different slots,still no boot.
I tried different psu.
Disconnected and reconnected all cables.
I tried different monitor and cable,no luck.
I tried all I can think of...
Only thing that's left is cpu and motherboard.
Please help me.

Weird one that might be nothing.  Have you checked the power on the cmos battery?  It should be around 4v if the battery is new.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thanks for your answer!

Voltage is 3,076V. Do you think the battery could be dead even if the motherboard is new?

Yep. They’re super cheap.  You can get them most places.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I will try and report back.

New battery,issue still persist. Any other idea?

Argh.  Was hoping it was the dead battery causing the machine to lose cmos every time it was turned off.  Stupid in retrospect, the thing should maintain as long as the PSU isn’t switched off.  I can’t remember if cmos batteries are rechargeable or not. I’m remembering they are but that could be inaccurate.  Is the new battery dead now too?  It’s possible there is a problem constantly draining the battery.  If there is you’ve got a bad motherboard.  If it’s not it doesn’t mean anything.  If the battery is rechargeable and it isn’t dead but is lower, it could mean the cmos isn’t getting recharged right so power problem that could be wall, PSU, or motherboard.

Thanks for your help. I tried with new psu and no change...I'm going to send pc to professionals to diagnose it. Hope it's motherboard because they have it in stock. Cpu 10900k is nowhere in stock in Europe..I will report back what they find.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.