What is the best quiet mechanical keyboard??

JonnyP8235

Hey,

I am looking for a keyboard for my gaming and streaming rig which is mechanical, quiet and well made for around $70-100 dollars (or $120 AUD). I need a very quiet keyboard because I don't want everyone in my apartment to hear me while I game. My membrane keyboard is really worn and it is time for the upgrade to a mechanical keyboard. Thanks!

A quiet mechanical switch would probably be red and the redragon K552 would be a great option its only 40$ because for me personally i regret getting a cherry mx switch its to expensive and its not yhat different its quite similar. 

GMMK Compact/TKL/Full Size for the PCB, Case and keycaps and Kailh Silent Pinks. 

I’d personally point you towards some Zilents, but they cost a fair bit ($50+) to fill out the board. 

EDIT: Kailh came out with the Box Silent Pinks a few months ago which should be the same price as the Silent Reds. I’d suggest them. 

14 minutes ago, Meczox_YT said:

A quiet mechanical switch would probably be red and the redragon K552 would be a great option its only 40$ because for me personally i regret getting a cherry mx switch its to expensive and its not yhat different its quite similar. 

@Meczox_YT, in my region, this keyboard only comes with blue clones that probably sound horrendous. Do you have any other choices for a keyboard?

12 hours ago, JonnyP8235 said:

@Meczox_YT, in my region, this keyboard only comes with blue clones that probably sound horrendous. Do you have any other choices for a keyboard?

yes it does, I have the k552 and the switches are quite loud and feels meh ... avoid outemu switches if you can. 

I second the gmmk with kailh silent pink ...

if not you could always check for a leopold with silent switches but it will probably cost more than 100$ ... but it's dead silent. 

you could also look for some keyboard with topre switches, I think they are quite silent but I'm not sure how silent they can be.  Honestly I don't know much about topre, I just know that some really like them and I'm quite curious to try them. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

kailh silent pink - '3rd'ed' - love them for the office where i had way too many complaints from my browns 

On 7/14/2020 at 6:00 AM, _thomas said:

kailh silent pink - '3rd'ed' - love them for the office where i had way too many complaints from my browns 

those silent pink are probably my next switches I will try. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD