GPU under 50 watts and is low profile?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

Any GT GPU

GT 240, GT 610, GT 710, GT 730, GT 1030

Theyre not good for gaming though, and the 1030 and 730 are pretty terrible value.

What is a good GPU for under 50 watts and is low profile?

Any GT GPU

GT 240, GT 610, GT 710, GT 730, GT 1030

Theyre not good for gaming though, and the 1030 and 730 are pretty terrible value.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Tj107 said:

What is a good GPU for under 50 watts and is low profile?

what CPU would that be paired with and what screen resolution?

You plan to game?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

oof, well i could over clock the gt 1030

Just now, Tj107 said:

@i_build_nanosuits  gaming

this would be your most powerful top end option...it's quite expensive for the performance this card deliver imo tho

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fpDkcf/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1650-4-gb-oc-low-profile-video-card-gv-n1650oc-4gl

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, Tj107 said:

@i_build_nanosuits  gaming

If you're planning to try gaming on it, go for a low profile GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1650 instead of the options Fausauceome gave. That will get you significantly better performance.

Edited by BobVonBob
added 1650, forgot there were low profile versions of it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

3 minutes ago, Tj107 said:

oof, well i could over clock the gt 1030

You can overclock any of those GPUs.

Also when you use @Tj107 you have to make sure it's orange

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Tj107 said:

orange?

Instead of mentioning us, just use the quote button, or we won't get a notification. The little back arrow on the post.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Instead of mentioning us, just use the quote button, or we won't get a notification. The little back arrow on the post.

so to be on the safe side use the gpus you used

4 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

The only reason why you would need something like that is just for a b**** tier output for a server. If you want to game don't even think about it. Why 50 watts? The PCIe slot can provide up to 75 so something like this would be okay:

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-low-profile

Also any reason why it has to be low profile? Depending on your case you can install a PCIe riser and make a mount for the GPU out of cardboard or something so you could fit like a 1660S mini if those even exist yet (with a Molex to 6 pin or SATA to 6 pin or something)

This video is a good guide to start with:

I have a low profile case

4 minutes ago, Tj107 said:

so to be on the safe side use the gpus you used

I guess, but if you are upgrading a PC to be good at gaming, you shouldn't waste the money on lesser GPUs.

I highly recommend saving a bit more money, and getting a new case, power supply, and powerful GPU. You don't even have to save too much money, a cheap ATX case can be as little as $30, a used RX 470/570 is about $80, and a decent PSU will host about $70 right now (less when Covid is not affecting stock of electronics)

You also just get more performance up front. What PC are you currently upgrading?

Primary PC:

i have a dell optiplex DT 7010 with 250 watt psu but the power supply i bought that is 300 watts does not work so. 

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I guess, but if you are upgrading a PC to be good at gaming, you shouldn't waste the money on lesser GPUs.

I highly recommend saving a bit more money, and getting a new case, power supply, and powerful GPU. You don't even have to save too much money, a cheap ATX case can be as little as $30, a used RX 470/570 is about $80, and a decent PSU will host about $70 right now (less when Covid is not affecting stock of electronics)

You also just get more performance up front. What PC are you currently upgrading?

7 minutes ago, Tj107 said:

i have a dell optiplex DT 7010 with 250 watt psu but the power supply i bought that is 300 watts does not work so. 

The Optiplex 7010 motherboard does work inside a standard case, so you are in luck there. What 300 watt power supply did you buy? I hope it was a good one, although decent PSUs are not really available in that wattage.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

The Optiplex 7010 motherboard does work inside a standard case, so you are in luck there. What 300 watt power supply did you buy? I hope it was a good one, although decent PSUs are not really available in that wattage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JUVNVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 minutes ago, Tj107 said:

Well it's a cute little thing but it seems rather expensive. Able to send it back for a refund?

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Well it's a cute little thing but it seems rather expensive. Able to send it back for a refund?

im testing it again tomorrow but if it still doesnt work then a refund 

Just now, Tj107 said:

im testing it again tomorrow but if it still doesnt work then a refund 

You should try these out instead

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JvhQdm

Primary PC:

13 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Why buy a 300w ATX PSU when you can get a 500W ATX PSU for like 10$ more it's more than worth it. You have way way way more headroom for a better graphics card.

i have a tfx 

9 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah but you said it either doesn't work or isn't compatible in some way?

Yes