Silent red switches

fred82

Hello 

So after many tests thx a frend i would find i like so much silent red .. well not much for typing but stil ok.. but the no noise is making it so fine

anyway

now i have one trouble: i don't know which keyboard to find with

any sugggestions?

thx 

18 minutes ago, fred82 said:

Canada wet (it is raining)

Try a GMMK hotswap and you have access to a ton of silent switches.

Just now, gloop said:

Try a GMMK hotswap and you have access to a ton of silent switches.

oh thx. i'll try to look for this and review

what do u think about red switch and typing (i do coding , gaming and lot writing doc)

thx :)

by the way i really don't like my lenov thinkpad t490 .... i often make typing mistakes with it :D

Just now, fred82 said:

oh thx. i'll try to look for this and review

what do u think about red switch and typing (i do coding , gaming and lot writing doc)

thx :)

by the way i really don't like my lenov thinkpad t490 .... i often make typing mistakes with it :D

Switches are completely personal preference. You might end up hating mechanical and like membrane more! 

I'd suggest getting a switch tester and finding out what one you like. If you can't access a tester, brown switches are generally a good mix.

3 hours ago, gloop said:

Switches are completely personal preference. You might end up hating mechanical and like membrane more! 

I'd suggest getting a switch tester and finding out what one you like. If you can't access a tester, brown switches are generally a good mix.

thx

i don't like membrane for sure and i have two of them on laptops (lenovo and mac book pro) i hate these keyboards

well i am a bit stucked in choices but well i don't care RGB but still fun... i prefer macros clearly and extra keys.. but anyway to take away the ight side so being 75% i think is prett ygood . i find roccat beautiful but never seen it to test if fine to use for long term. 

someone i know having a durgod which is fine but not cute one :D like ducky one i don't know if one is "legant" for me the few ones seen on videos (nerver seen real) are ugly too basic

arghh hard choice my friend :D

I would go durgod taurus (K310 for full or K320 for tkl) and change keycaps if you don't think it's cute enough.  It has good build quality, have some choice of switches and can come with or without rgb.  You can even have it with cherry silent black. 

https://www.amazon.ca/DURGOD-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Interface/dp/B082SLNC9S/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2UKFDOYND6WG7&dchild=1&keywords=durgod%2Btaurus%2Bk320&qid=1594518862&sprefix=durgod%2Btau%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-2&th=1

If not that one the gmmk is really a nice board.  I bought mine on newegg and the tkl is on sale for 100$ ... I paid 130 for mine ... Wonder if I should get another one ... With that barebone you will have to buy switches and keycaps so take that into account.  In there I have kailh speed copper which are really nice with a satisfying tactile bump placed really high with barely any pretravel.  I also have some gateron yellow, linear and smooth, which I like a bit more than the speed copper. 

https://www.newegg.ca/p/pl?d=gmmk

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

@Dr0y hey i am in Quebec too ;) oh thx that is excellent i like it for GMMK but sadly they have there 60% too small or the 100%

and for the durgod i like it to use. that's the one i know. seems wow. 

maybe i should stop polute my braiin with the razer stuff with audio nice stuff on keyboard or other sexy things

to be honest your gmmk ... i liek it so much. can i ask you a stupid question: don't you miss the right side of keyboard like  SUPPR and arrows and others

like in games ? 

another question: you know a place i can buy cute caps and quality switches (seems no switch no cap if i get it correctly)

thx anyway you've been a great help to me

7 minutes ago, fred82 said:

@Dr0y hey i am in Quebec too ;) oh thx that is excellent i like it for GMMK but sadly they have there 60% too small or the 100%

and for the durgod i like it to use. that's the one i know. seems wow. 

maybe i should stop polute my braiin with the razer stuff with audio nice stuff on keyboard or other sexy things

to be honest your gmmk ... i liek it so much. can i ask you a stupid question: don't you miss the right side of keyboard like  SUPPR and arrows and others

like in games ? 

another question: you know a place i can buy cute caps and quality switches (seems no switch no cap if i get it correctly)

thx anyway you've been a great help to me

So I thought it was the  tkl that was on sale, didn't see it was the 60% ... I have the tkl and no I don't miss the numpad at all as I don't do a lot of spreadsheet and such ... but I would have a hard time to get rid of the arrow keys.  Before buying that one I looked at a 70% or is it 75% magicforce keyboard without the F row but with ins, del, pgup, pgdown and the arrow keys.  They shipped me the wrong switches and I had to return it cause I didn't want another keyboard with outemu blue.  Then I got the gmmk. 

the keycaps I get them from amazon or ebay and same for the switches.  You probably would want some double shot pbt keycaps or some dye sub pbt keycaps.  Also check for the keycap profile cause it can influence the way/speed you type, it's hard to explain tho.   The switches there's tons of them and I think that most kailh or gateron are probably good, the biggest question is more likely which kind of switches you would prefer.  You seemed to like silent switches with damper inside.  Kailh released the silent boxed pink and brown and those are really tempting to try, specially the pink ones.  there's a lot of places you can get switches and keycaps and other parts in general but I've never ordered from them. 

https://novelkeys.xyz/collections/switches/products/kailh-box-silent-switches

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6333

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

oh sympa la liste :) merci @geo3

si je veux programmer des touches (macros) je peux?

No idea if the gmmk can have that macro stuff, never needed it and never tried.  Here are 2 reviews, haven't seen the second one.  Maybe they will talk about macro and such. 

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

oh i got i was writing French. sorry guys...

thx @Dr0y it does indeed with the GMMK software so good news. at least basic things are there. 

15 minutes ago, fred82 said:

oh i got i was writing French. sorry guys...

thx @Dr0y it does indeed with the GMMK software so good news. at least basic things are there. 

Well I don't think that this bit of french disturbed people that much but it's preferred to stay with english cause it's the language of the internet. 

So far the gmmk works really good for me and I have some switches (3) and keycaps (2 and third on the way) set and I intend to get more switches and keycaps in the future.  I'm strangely considering to buy the 60% gmmk that's on sale on newegg just to try that 60% layout. 

I9 10850K

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd