Vengeance RGB Pro + Dark Rock Pro 4 - Clearance issues?

wyattzx

Hey guys.

I'm looking to upgrade my computer from my current case/cooler. I'm going with the Fractal Design Define 7, but I've yet to settle on an air cooler. However, I am interested in the Dark Rock Pro 4 by be quiet!. My biggest concern, however, is clearance with my abnormally-tall RAM. The Vengeance RGB Pro kit is approximately 51mm tall. The cooler itself says it supports RAM of up to 40mm in height, but the fan can be adjusted. I'm not sure if this adjustment will be enough, and I'm also not sure if the RAM notches on the tower will be tall enough for the kit. I ran be quiet!'s motherboard comaptibility checker, and it said it would be fine with my board, but their checker says nothing of RAM. My board is the Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570.

I can find very little information on this topic as I search, and I plan to order the cooler as soon as possible. Should I forego this cooler entirely? I'm focused on a mixture of sound + performance. 

Will the cooler fit in this configuration? Can the fan be moved to the rear of the cooler instead to assure clearance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Well that doesn't quite answer your question but the Noctua NH D15 Chromax is a solid choice and the front can be elevated enough to not be a problem with your ram and the case panel.