Opencore hackintosh for a Sandy Bridge laptop

First of all I should be clarifying that I'm a complete noob in this so plz don't judge me 😢

I've got myself this a sweet thinkpad l420 with the intent of turning it into a hackintosh.
I tried to follow this guide as it's apparently very popular right now cuz it doesn't need having access to a mac or a hackintosh : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/

It didn't include a guide for Sandy Bridge processors but it had one for Ivy bridge that is supposed to work on Sandy Bridge.

However I stumbled upon the problem of generating SSDTs for my sandy bridge processor: as mentioned in the guide I should be using this ssdtprgen.sh code to generate the needed SSDTs but without any success. I tried doing it both on windows and linux without any success. In linux it seemed to run but there weren't any generated files that I could find anywhere!

I would be grateful to find anyway to turn my machine into a running hackintosh without needing another MacOS-running computer 🙏

try using a vm for making usb drive

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

11 minutes ago, Despacitus said:

First of all I should be clarifying that I'm a complete noob in this so plz don't judge me 😢

I've got myself this a sweet thinkpad l420 with the intent of turning it into a hackintosh.
I tried to follow this guide as it's apparently very popular right now cuz it doesn't need having access to a mac or a hackintosh : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/

It didn't include a guide for Sandy Bridge processors but it had one for Ivy bridge that is supposed to work on Sandy Bridge.

However I stumbled upon the problem of generating SSDTs for my sandy bridge processor: as mentioned in the guide I should be using this ssdtprgen.sh code to generate the needed SSDTs but without any success. I tried doing it both on windows and linux without any success. In linux it seemed to run but there weren't any generated files that I could find anywhere!

I would be grateful to find anyway to turn my machine into a running hackintosh without needing another MacOS-running computer 🙏

I've never used the guide you linked to and, luckily, I've never needed to create SSDTs but I would guess that you're supposed to be running that shell script from inside macOS.

Windows wouldn't know what a SH file is and running it on Linux wouldn't work since it's trying to pull data from the macOS Kernel.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

According to the guide you shared.

It says you need to generate a "SSDT" using https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-methods/ssdt-easy.html on Windows/Linux for the system to be bootable.

Then you need to generate "SSDT-EC" using https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-methods/ssdt-easy.html on Windows/Linux to fix the embeded controller

Once you have a bootable MacOS install, then you need to Generate "SSDT-PM" "ssdtprgen.sh" from within your MacOS install for power management.

• 2 weeks later...

join the 
r/hackintosh discord and ask for help there 
thats the best way i found to get hackintosh help