First timer here please help and thank you

Budget (including currency): USD about 1600-1800 depending on the parts availability

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Purely for Gaming on 1440p on a 38GN950 monitor, I don't really play much FPS games, more interested in story driven graphical games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I don't have PC and haven't had windows PC/Laptop over 10 years, for work I use apple products. So this is fresh build with all new parts.

I did some research myself and https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GsCggJ is what I came up with, Can you guys please take a look and give me some thoughts..? Oh and I am not going to wait few months for newer CPUs or other parts for that matter, and GPU wise I think I am safe since EVGA has 90 day step up program right? 

I hope to build it by the end of this month at the latest, please any tips would help since I have never built any computers before this would be my first time. (always bought the end products before but this time I want to do it myself.)

Looks good to me, only thing I would say is if you are only going to be playing games on it then 32Gb of RAM is overkill, 16Gb would be fine.

Looks pretty good, though you can probably save quite a lot of cash on the motherboard front since you'll only be pairing it with a 3600, and like Mondas42 sayd 32gb is kinda overkill. Should be able to fit in a 2080 super if you go with 16gbs of ram and something like a b450 max board.

2 minutes ago, Mondas42 said:

Looks good to me, only thing I would say is if you are only going to be playing games on it then 32Gb of RAM is overkill, 16Gb would be fine.

Thank you, I didn't know DRAM was not as important for gaming, I will search for 16gb version.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ppw8Nq

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($171.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black 55 CFM CPU Cooler  ($70.00) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($92.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($754.99 @ Walmart) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.99 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 11 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.90 @ B&H) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 82.52 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($26.90 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap 82.52 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($26.90 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1672.64

^ here's what I'd recommend, if you're absolutely set on building now, despite new GPUs/CPUs coming out in a few months.

The X570 Unify is a really solid board, but at the same time it's very overkill, especially for just a 3600, and so are 32GB of RAM just for gaming.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

The case is choked off, swap it for a Meshify C or a P300A Mesh. 

4 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

Looks pretty good, though you can probably save quite a lot of cash on the motherboard front since you'll only be pairing it with a 3600, and like Mondas42 sayd 32gb is kinda overkill. Should be able to fit in a 2080 super if you go with 16gbs of ram and something like a b450 max board.

Ah one quick question what's the difference between B450 vs x570? Am I missing out on future proofing or something? My goal is to get the 90day step up from EVGA and replace the GPU when it comes out in Aug/Sep. And yes I am downgrading the ram to 16gb. 

whoa so much information in a very short time, thank you guys all, it's overwhelming in a nice way. I will do a bit more research based on what you guys are recommending. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GKB4b8

You are overspending on the motherboard and psu. You also dont need 32gb ram. This parts list has a less expensive mobo but it is still great and a 2080 super instead of 2070 super. Also the H510 has AWFUL airflow. This p400a has much better airflow than it. If you need to go for the h510 then make sure to put two 140mm fans on the front.