Who wants the Unboxing Videos to come back?

Haplo

Flipping hire someone or have them intern (aka for free) and do them.

Its the LTT bread and butter, what got the masses here, dropping it will lead to LTT's ultimate demise, or factor in.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

It'd be good to have a couple of unboxings every now and again. Not too frequent, but far enough apart to make us all look forward to them.

Mid-2013 11" MacBook Air — Intel Core i5 @ 1.3GHz 8GB RAM.

BitFenix Prodigy ITX — Intel Core i5 4570 — MSI H87I — 8GB RAM — Gigabyte Windforce R9 280X — Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB — XFX TS650.

Maybe bring back unboxings for highly anticipated products? Let's say like GTX 880 or a new high end ROG motherboard etc.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Nooooooo! We've voted about this! Watching someone unbox a product is dumb, lengthy and boring. All I care about is seeing the product and hearing Linus' comments and perspectives on them in a concise, brief video, go to some other channel to watch half hour unboxings!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I do miss them very much. It may be not that important, but it's always nice to see the full product showed.

Why can't we have unboxings and reviews in the same video?

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

I only want the retro unboxings back

i miss when he really didnt have an audiance to please, he told us about the product and gave us his thoughts but now its just... Not good

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I wish they would come back

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

It really depends on the product. I don't see any point in unboxing graphics cards, peripherals or any other products that rarely have any accessories or ports that make any difference or aren't self-explanatory. But when it comes to motherboards or power supplies it's nice to see all the ports, cables or other accessories that might actually make a difference for a potential buyer.

I want them back, but if Linus does not feel like doing them, I fully support him. He's still doing great reviews.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

It was useful to know exactly what was inside the box for some products.

Nooooooo! We've voted about this! Watching someone unbox a product is dumb, lengthy and boring. All I care about is seeing the product and hearing Linus' comments and perspectives on them in a concise, brief video, go to some other channel to watch half hour unboxings!

So lets see, the guy starts off and make his name through unboxing gains a mass following due to them and now he says they're dumb, so ... what does that say about his followers then?

So lets see, the guy starts off and make his name through unboxing gains a mass following due to them and now he says they're dumb, so ... what does that say about his followers then?

I think unboxings are much less valuable these days with 100 other channels out there doing them.

In the early days when I was pretty much the only one doing it, it made sense, but now that I have much more time and resources at my disposal I'd rather cover a product "properly" than just take it out of a box - something you can get somewhere else.

As for the ultimate demise, our viewership and subscrption rate is stronger than ever. Discontinuing unboxings 2.5 months ago hasn't (not even for a moment) had a negative impact on our video stats: http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/Linustechtips/monthly

In after Linus

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I think unboxings are much less valuable these days with 100 other channels out there doing them.

In the early days when I was pretty much the only one doing it, it made sense, but now that I have much more time and resources at my disposal I'd rather cover a product "properly" than just take it out of a box - something you can get somewhere else.

As for the ultimate demise, our viewership and subscrption rate is stronger than ever. Discontinuing unboxings 2.5 months ago hasn't (not even for a moment) had a negative impact on our video stats: http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/Linustechtips/monthly

So next time you do a review we should expect more heads up reviews of products so viewers can better decide between two competing same range products? 

No more ragging on companies that used to do something well and now switched to something else and are not doing so well, because they think the numbers are still OK for what they're doing?

I can see an unnamed un-boxer gaining more viewers and eventually permanent viewers, its worked before.

dont want it to come back,they were very not in depth

unboxing is all about what comes in the box with the product. there is no information on how a product performs, that is why product reviews are better.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Unboxing + basic review would be awesome.

I like seeing what a product actually looks like and how it actually works.

I don't know how many hours of unboxings + reviews of hardware I've watched over the last couple of weeks trying to fine tune my new setup without actually looking at a physical product.

No. Why? Because everyone is doing it these days. And while Linus is entertaining to watch, unboxings still get old - here's the box, and it has this packaging inside, and a manual, and accessories, and finally the product itself. Nothing special. i prefer him doing something that is worth watching. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Unboxings where Linus hasnt actually done any prep work and is litterally just figuring out how the case works as he opens and finds stuff.

I would actually love to see them come back, but I think I know why Linus stopped making them.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

When I used to see Linus' video unboxing a new GPU go live.

c2c.png

I actually quit watching the channel because of no more unboxings.  It's what got Linus to where he is today.  No one else on the net does a full uncut unboxing of a motherboard or graphics card w/ the knowledge that Linus has.  It was those types of unboxings that people loved, and the most watched videos of all time on his channel back that up.  Therefore, I vote yes.  Bring them back!