Booting Linux off iGPU w/ dGPU installed

Hey everyone,

Since my macbook pro is sprouting problems by the day, I'm trying to do this, which is install macOS catalina on my PC, hopefully everything goes smoothly:

https://github.com/foxlet/macOS-Simple-KVM

But I remember when LTT made a video on the same concept but with high sierra, he had 2 dedicated GPUs in his system. Now I only have a single GTX 1080. So I'm wondering if i'll face any issues if I didn't have a second dedicated GPU. Issues like being unable to assign the GTX 1080 to the VM.

If this is an issue is there any possibility to boot from my iGPU (i7-6700k), to have the dedicated GPU available for assignment (OR if this is not necessary).

Thank you in advance!

My PC is a fast boyo:

6700K - 32GB - 1080 - 256GB EVO

^^You don't need more info than this right?^^

You can't do it with the 1080 alone but you should be able to do it with the iGPU. Just plug the monitor into the iGPU and it should just work, otherwise you might need to change a setting in your bios. Bear in mind that to see what the VM is doing you'll need another monitor or another cable going from the 1080 to your monitor so you can switch. Alternatively you can try looking glass which should allow you to see it on your Linux desktop.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*