Upgrading on a budget

Im looking to upgrade my pc but not sure where to start. Money is tight so will only be able to get 1-2 parts per purchase. My build is as follows...

Gamemax blackhole mid case

B450 tuf gamer mobo

Ryzen 3 2300x

Corsair lpx 2400mhz 2x8gb

Skhynix 128gb m.2

Gtx 970 4g

Evga 850gq psu

Any help in what to upgrade and in what order would be gratefull. 

would appreciate if you stated your budget :) 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo10uk2000 said:

Any help in what to upgrade and in what order would be gratefull. 

Adding on to @Oswin's request, it would be good to know if you need more storage space (or if you have a secondary drive) and what you're planning to use your system for (gaming, photo/video editing, 3D graphics, etc).

Have you ever tried ram overclocking? With vengeance LPX, you should see if you can get about 2800MHz, then maybe toss in a new GPU like a used RX 580.

Are you targeting 1080p 144Hz? If so, what games?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

maybe toss in a new GPU like a used RX 580.

Wouldn't that be a rather small upgrade tho? Other than the larger frame ( assuming it's the 8 gig model)

24 minutes ago, scoobydoo10uk2000 said:

Money is tight

If your satisfied with the current performance of your rig then save up more and wait for zen 3 and ampere and big Navi 

If they were to expensive for you, then you'll be able to get last gen stuff for cheaper. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Wouldn't that be a rather small upgrade tho? Other than the larger frame ( assuming it's the 8 gig model)

If OP is targeting only 1080p 60fps, it would be about the best GPU necessary, the rig does seem along those lines

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Ive got a 3tb storage drive. So looking to upgrade cpu. Gpu. Ram. And eventually mobo as ive damaged the usb3 header on mine. Budgetwise looking at bout £200 cpu. £250-£350 gpu. Will be using to play games mostly. Gtav,shadow of tge tombraider, battlefront 2, sonic forces/mania, etc.  Would buy a new item every 3-4 months due to finances. Im from the UK. 

Im looking at 1080 60fps. As thats the best i can get out my benq monitor

The most meaningful upgrade for gaming would be the GPU. You could get by with everything else if you had to, aside from just some additional game storage, if you don't have that already.

Just about any GPU you could find north of $100 would likely be an upgrade, but if you can spare enough cash, going for something like a $280 RX 5600 XT would give you a lot of bang for your buck. It's technically a 1080p card, but I can easily do 1440p@60+ fps on Ultra with it. That way, if you did later get a better monitor, you wouldn't have to upgrade the GPU again, and it will just last you longer, in general. You could do something like a 1660 super, but I don't think the $20-40 you would save would be worth the perf loss. A 2060 KO is also an option, but trends higher at $300-320. Again, it would honestly be better to throw all your cash here, if you had to and all you care about is gaming.

Next would be the processor. A 3300X would be a nice upgrade and would slot into your current board. It's around $130, I think, but it's relatively new and sometimes hard to find. Alternatively, you could get a 3600, which is $30 more but easily available.

Finally, RAM. 16GB should still be fine, but going up to 3200 or 3600 MHz would be a decent boost. It's just far less important than either the GPU or CPU in your current build.

Edit: All the prices are in USD, obviously, as I don't know what these run in the UK. I included the prices most for comparison's sake between the options I provided. I would assume as long as they're all generally available, the price difference would be roughly the same, even if the total cost is more or less.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Decided on upgrading my mobo to a b450 aorus board and adata xpg spectrix d60g 2x8gb 3200mhz ram. But my only issue is my cpu,  a ryzen 2300x, is not rated for 3200mhz ram. Will it still work.  My next purchase will eithrr be a rx5700xt or a rtx2060s.